Brewer Fanatic

2018-04-03: Cardinals (Flaherty) at Brewers (Anderson) 6:40 PM CDT [Brewers win, 5-4]

Eye Black
Not a horrible call by Sedar. 2 outs and Arcia coming up. He scores on a bad throw. Say he only scores 30% of the time, that is probably still a better percentage that he scores than if he stays at 3rd.

No, it was a terrible call, and he's still out on a bad throw. It would have taken a horrific throw 20 feet down the line not to get him. It's not 30%, maybe 10.

Arcia being on deck doesn't help your case much, if it was the pitcher on deck maybe I'd see it a little more. Even then at least you could clear his spot rather than just conceding an out at home.

Alright, if you think he scores 10% of the time then it's a horrible call. I don't know the scouting report on Pham, but if it's "run on him," then it turns from a questionable send to a good send. If the scouting report says "don't test him" then I agree it's a horrible send.

Are you watching the game? Seriously, did you see the play live? Everyone in the world knew he had no chance if he was sent, and Windmill sent him anyway...

Hard to believe this happens so frequently.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Someone else mentioned it, but Chase was around 95 last year far more often than this year. Velocity does seem down.

Yeah, that is the bigger concern to me than Sedar blowing the decision on sending Piña.

Early yet, but he is down 1.4 mph on his fastball from last year.

Verified Member

Are you watching the game? Seriously, did you see the play live? Everyone in the world knew he had no chance if he was sent, and Windmill sent him anyway...

Under those circumstances, it has to happen greater than about 70% of the time. Yes, that's very frequently, but it's about the break even point for that kind of play.

Seriously, he was barely halfway home by the time the catcher had it. And it wasn't a really accurate throw. Just horrible, no way around it. Just get the offense going now and make it a game, that's over now.

Under those circumstances, it has to happen greater than about 70% of the time. Yes, that's very frequently, but it's about the break even point for that kind of play.

I am going to assume you are not watching the game live since you won't answer the question. No biggie either way, just figured there was no way you could be watching and say it wasn't that bad of a call.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Two won't win this? Wanna bet? :laughing ;)
Two won't win this, but sure puts a little more pressure on playing from behind early

Yep, we will get 2... not sure about 4 though.

6 strikeouts the first time through... don't think we will see that much this year.

Bad send by Cousin Eddie... they probably pitch around Arica if he doesn't send him. That clears the pitcher. It's not just odds of scoring on throw vs scoring with Arica/Anderson. It affects multiple innings by how fast we turn the order over.

Verified Member

I am going to assume you are not watching the game live since you won't answer the question. No biggie either way, just figured there was no way you could be watching and say it wasn't that bad of a call.

Yes, I watched it. He was out by a mile. I've seen enough outfielders airmail throws and/or a catcher mishandle a short hop to make it a not-horrible-send, which is all I'm saying. Odds are, he stays at 3rd, and the pitcher throws junk at Arcial, who whiffs on a couple bad sliders off the plate cuz the pitcher is up next so he had to expand the zone. Or, he walks and Anderson Ks.

No harm no foul.

Community Moderator

Anderson’s velocities from his first start were lower than at any point last season. Below are his monthly velocity averages from last year and those from his lone start this year at the bottom of the chart.

HeYK2kq.jpg

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Anderson’s velocities from his first start were lower than at any point last season. Below are his monthly velocity averages from last year and those from his lone start this year at the bottom of the chart.

HeYK2kq.jpg

Oh goody!

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

Yes, I watched it. He was out by a mile. I've seen enough outfielders airmail throws and/or a catcher mishandle a short hop to make it a not-horrible-send, which is all I'm saying. Odds are, he stays at 3rd, and the pitcher throws junk at Arcial, who whiffs on a couple bad sliders off the plate cuz the pitcher is up next so he had to expand the zone. Or, he walks and Anderson Ks.

No harm no foul.

Except Cain bats with 2 outs the next inning instead of leading off. Not turning the lineup over is the harm

Just because there wasn’t a trade in the off-season doesn’t mean it won’t happen. And obviously these deals people speak of weren’t quality ones or they would’ve happened. We try to play armchair GM about crap we have no idea about. Done doing that. I’ll enjoy the extra offense while we have it.

Heck we speculate about these awesome deals even those multiple reports said other Gms don’t value Santana. Arm chair GMs. I tell ya.

I have a feeling we are going to see a lot of posts just like this one as the season goes on.

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

HeYK2kq.jpg

He did split the center of the plate though on two of the homers.

Just because there wasn’t a trade in the off-season doesn’t mean it won’t happen. And obviously these deals people speak of weren’t quality ones or they would’ve happened. We try to play armchair GM about crap we have no idea about. Done doing that. I’ll enjoy the extra offense while we have it.

Heck we speculate about these awesome deals even those multiple reports said other Gms don’t value Santana. Arm chair GMs. I tell ya.

I have a feeling we are going to see a lot of posts just like this one as the season goes on.

Oh I just have to know, please expand on this...

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Probably smart to get Chase out of there but getting only four innings from your ace isn’t ideal.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Archived