Brewer Fanatic

2018-04-03: Cardinals (Flaherty) at Brewers (Anderson) 6:40 PM CDT [Brewers win, 5-4]

Eye Black
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Wow, what a horrible call Sedar.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh this outta be good. Getting my popcorn ready...
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Completely asinine move by Eddie "windmill" Sedar.

Soooooo incredibly sick of this crap year after year.

Not even close at home, I mean just a horrible thing to do to your catcher, one of, if not the slowest guy on the team.

ASININE.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Yea Eddie should have been back to 1B coach a few years ago by now. That was laughable. Sure maybe they walk Arcia and the P is up with bases loaded. So be it, you start with top of order next inning. Or maybe they pitch to Arcia you get a hit and two runs.

Verified Member
Not a horrible call by Sedar. 2 outs and Arcia coming up. He scores on a bad throw. Say he only scores 30% of the time, that is probably still a better percentage that he scores than if he stays at 3rd.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Rock, that throw was not all that accurate.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Not a horrible call by Sedar. 2 outs and Arcia coming up. He scores on a bad throw. Say he only scores 30% of the time, that is probably still a better percentage that he scores than if he stays at 3rd.

No, it was a terrible call, and he's still out on a bad throw. It would have taken a horrific throw 20 feet down the line not to get him. It's not 30%, maybe 10.

Arcia being on deck doesn't help your case much, if it was the pitcher on deck maybe I'd see it a little more. Even then at least you could clear his spot rather than just conceding an out at home.

[sarcasm]Are we sellers yet?[/sarcasm]
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Someone else mentioned it, but Chase was around 95 last year far more often than this year. Velocity does seem down.

Yeah. It's early but I also noticed that. And he himself has acknowledged his success came with the added velocity.

Community Moderator
Someone else mentioned it, but Chase was around 95 last year far more often than this year. Velocity does seem down.

Yeah, that is the bigger concern to me than Sedar blowing the decision on sending Piña.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Did you see it?

I don't know how that was anything other than a horrible decision.

Would much rather have Arcia up with a man on 3rd that an automatic out at home plate. He was dead meat, it wasn't even close, nor was it going to be close. Eddie blew it again, it is just a normal day at the office for that guy.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Verified Member

No, it was a terrible call, and he's still out on a bad throw. It would have taken a horrific throw 20 feet down the line not to get him. It's not 30%, maybe 10.

Arcia being on deck doesn't help your case much, if it was the pitcher on deck maybe I'd see it a little more. Even then at least you could clear his spot rather than just conceding an out at home.

Alright, if you think he scores 10% of the time then it's a horrible call. I don't know the scouting report on Pham, but if it's "run on him," then it turns from a questionable send to a good send. If the scouting report says "don't test him" then I agree it turns a questionable call into a horrible send.

It wasn't nearly as bad as it looked though considering the circumstances.

Archived