Brewer Fanatic

2018-04-03: Cardinals (Flaherty) at Brewers (Anderson) 6:40 PM CDT [Brewers win, 5-4]

Eye Black
  • Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Quick poll. Stay away from the "should." Who gets day off tomorrow? My gut tells me Cain.

I could see CC resting Cain since he went 0-4 tonight. They didn't hesitate to rest Braun after his last HR though. Could pull an upset and sit Thames with Braun at 1B

Quick poll. Stay away from the "should." Who gets day off tomorrow? My gut tells me Cain.

I could see CC resting Cain since he went 0-4 tonight. They didn't hesitate to rest Braun after his last HR though. Could pull an upset and sit Thames with Braun at 1B

Who's pitching for St. Luis, Martinez? Too lazy to look.

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

I don't know what's better. Seeing the Brewers hit back to back bombs to tie and win the game, beating the dreaded "classy" Cardinals in the process, or reading the hand-wringing on Cardinals forums.

Glorious!

There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Got to take a peak at a few Cardinals board game threads tonight.

Got a link?

Here's one:

http://gatewayredbirds.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=62215

Need to go around page 20 to see the reactions to the Brewers' HRs.

They actually weren't too bad. I think the game ended so quickly they didn't have time to stew about things. Definitely some angst about their bullpen (and manager).

Got to take a peak at a few Cardinals board game threads tonight.

Got a link?

Here's one:

http://gatewayredbirds.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=62215

Need to go around page 20 to see the reactions to the Brewers' HRs.

They actually weren't too bad. I think the game ended so quickly they didn't have time to stew about things. Definitely some angst about their bullpen (and manager).

My favorite quote and I have to paraphrase was where one poster was accepting a homer coming from Yelich but not Braun.

So glad I was able to catch the end of this one. I live in a time zone where the games are almost half over or more by the time I get home from work there have been times in the past where I would often decide the time and emotional investment weren’t worth it because the odds of winning were so low and it didn’t feel like we were playing for anything.

This season feels different. This bulls pen can hang and the offense is well rounded enough to get us back into most games.

Per Adam McCalvy

Craig Counsell on Ryan Braun, who is 3-for-17 but has won two games with ninth-inning homers: "We told him to hit homers at the end of the game. It's a new strategy we've got this year."

:laughing

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Braun can sit again. Save 1 huge hit he's been real cold. (yes also unlucky)

Great idea, sit Braun every day, hell, let's just cut him and be done with it. :rolleyes

I think we are all happy now that Braun played last night. ;) :laughing

If Braun is healthy, watch out this year. I know he needs his recovery days, but if he's healthy, I want him in the lineup.

Having Cain, Yelich and Shaw around him pitchers will not be able to pitch around him. :)

Archived