Brewer Fanatic

2018-04-03: Cardinals (Flaherty) at Brewers (Anderson) 6:40 PM CDT [Brewers win, 5-4]

Eye Black
  • Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply
sorry if this has already been confirmed, but according to MLB this is the first time in history a game has started and ended with back to back bombs.

How did you find that?

They mentioned it on the broadcast.

Back-to-back homers on back-to-back pitches and they were total no-doubter bombs.

I don’t remember a Brewer win ever ending this way.

The Easter Sunday game was close, but obviously that wasn't back-to-back pitches (or even back-to-back hitters).

Think about how close Braun came to getting tossed in the 8th, arguing the (horrible) strike three call.

Yep, very close to Perez taking that at-bat.

Same result probably.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

This is going to be overlooked because of the hitting heroics, but the bullpen again was huge. Barnes has looked great. Albers is still underrated, and recovered from that error to get that huge popup from Wong when they had a great chance to add insurance.

Jeffress again just looks better in Milwaukee, and Jennings looks like a nice addition. Another great pen day with no Knebel and no Hader. And Taylor Williams is a call away.

313 pitches in this game.

Cards lead for 311.

Tied for 1.

Brewers lead for 1.

Not to be a dick, but the game was tied for 2 pitches (first and last) and the Cardinals had the lead when the other 311 were thrown. Brewers never had the lead when any pitch was thrown

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Cards lead for 311.

Tied for 1.

Brewers lead for 1.

Not to be a dick, but the game was tied for 2 pitches (first and last) and the Cardinals had the lead when the other 311 were thrown. Brewers never had the lead when any pitch was thrown

Ha! I took that from a Cardinals message board. I blame those 'morans'.

Cards lead for 311.

Tied for 1.

Brewers lead for 1.

Now I am glad he was a dick.

Community Moderator

Cards lead for 311.

Tied for 1.

Brewers lead for 1.

I think it is the “end result” of each pitch. Regardless, what an unreal game.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

I do not understand why on earth Ryan Braun is starting today. Santana started the season with three good games...and is on the bench two days in a row.

I hope in retrospect I am wrong.

Haha this is great. Well done man. Even as a big Braun guy I semi questioned why Santana was sitting two games in a row.

Maybe this confirms he needs to start over Braun. Just PH Braun in 9th. He has a pretty stellar line in those situations.

sorry if this has already been confirmed, but according to MLB this is the first time in history a game has started and ended with back to back bombs.

It is also snowing a lot at my house in April, this will be a game to remember

Chacin, Suter, Davies, and Woodruff all have ERA’s over 5, and the Brewers are 4-1. Hopefully the late-game magic can be replaced (or supplemented) by more sustainable, improved starting pitching.

Archived