Brewer Fanatic

2018-04-02: Cardinals (Mikolas) at Brewers (Davies) 1:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 8-4]

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yep, that potential mid-season acquisition is looking like it might turn into an early-season acquisition. Hope you guys weren't too attached to our top farm kids, because guys like Lutz, Burnes and maybe even Huira are likely goners.

I'd rather see what Derby, Ventura, and Guerra could do.

Community Moderator
Yep, that potential mid-season acquisition is looking like it might turn into an early-season acquisition. Hope you guys weren't too attached to our top farm kids, because guys like Lutz, Burnes and maybe even Huira are likely goners.

Not happening. It's up to the current roster to make a playoff run.

Woodruff really reinforcing the decision to keep him over Guerra.

It's obviously early, but this rotation looks as bad as advertised. Eagerly anticipating a return of Wade Miley isn't a good thing.

Yes I'm sure Stearns plan was to go through the rotation once, then make the necessary trades.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Yes I'm sure Stearns plan was to go through the rotation once, then make the necessary trades.

LOL, early season doesn't mean early March. If the offense is good and the staff continues to struggle, though, May to early June wouldn't surprise me.

That isn't what he said.

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

Might want to wait a few times around the rotation before making too many judgements on the rotation.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

That's putting a lot of pressure on these pitchers, though, Mr. Stearns.

Might want to wait a few times around the rotation before making too many judgements on the rotation.

My only judgement is that they haven't been very good so far.

Then I'd refrain from breath holding.

Looks like Darvish wouldn't have helped anyway, his ERA is over 10 this year.

So we hold judgement on our pitchers but make them now for pitchers on other teams?

Looks like Darvish wouldn't have helped anyway, his ERA is over 10 this year.

Darvish, Quintana, Gray.... Somehow I think Stearns is smarter than us impatient armchair GM's

The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!

Yeah not disagreeing with that but I want to see these guys make 4-5 starts and then make adjustments accordingly if need be.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Yeah not disagreeing with that but I want to see these guys make 4-5 starts and then make adjustments accordingly if need be.

Not unreasonable. Hopefully that doesn't bury them by then.

4-5 starts puts them into May ... which was kind of my point to begin with. I guess I should have defined "early season" better. My bad.

Archived