Brewer Fanatic

2018-04-02: Cardinals (Mikolas) at Brewers (Davies) 1:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 8-4]

How long is villars leash and what are our options?

Any time he K’s is this going to be the typical response? He’s 1-2 with a nice defensive play today. Getting a bit ridiculous.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Giving up bombs to the opposing pitcher is always a fun thing.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Hope they think about how important it was to start a "name" guy for the home opener even though he's awful at home when they miss the playoffs by 1 game again.

Wasn’t it due to his injury that he got this game? Either way, he’s got to pitch better st home. Can’t hide him all year as he will have about equal starts at both.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Any time he K’s is this going to be the typical response? He’s 1-2 with a nice defensive play today. Getting a bit ridiculous.

It's been that way since probably May of last year. There hasn't been a player more universally hated by a contingent of Brewer fans since pre-good Carlos Gomez. I don't get it really, either. He has miles more talent and potential than Sogard, but some fans just want him gone. Personally, while I think he is frustrating to watch, I hope they give him a pretty good size leash before moving to replace him. I still like the potential.

Hope they think about how important it was to start a "name" guy for the home opener even though he's awful at home when they miss the playoffs by 1 game again.

Yeah, I fully expect this to be the only decision this year that the Brewers have to reflect upon...

Strikeouts are coming fast and furious. Just because he has a drag bunt today and a SEMI nice play today doesn't make it a non issue. If he puts together a run of a few weeks, then has a bad game? Probably won't say anything.

So are you suggesting they shuffle the rotation so Davies never pitches at home?

Of course not. But they could have set it up to open on the road, then he would have had another start at home, then again on the road for 2-1 through the first 3 stands instead of 1-2.

Obviously you can't avoid it without doing some sort of pitching platoon which is dumb but there are ways to tilt the overall numbers the way you want them without constantly reshuffling your rotation.

Strikeouts are coming fast and furious. Just because he has a drag bunt today and a SEMI nice play today doesn't make it a non issue. If he puts together a run of a few weeks, then has a bad game? Probably won't say anything.

Soooo.... let it be a couple of weeks then. It’s game four and he’s started two of them.

I do love how you dismiss his good plays as if they’re nothing only to complain about his strikeout today. Kinda shows what Joey Meyer Bombs is talking about.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Trying to justify my hate for 100, Alex.

Yeah, I fully expect this to be the only decision this year that the Brewers have to reflect upon...

Yeah...that's what I said.

So far this team looks as advertised. A potentially great offense and good bullpen, and horrible starting pitching.

The lineup is exciting though.

Sorta. That bullpen has already blown a save, Anderson's start was perfect, Suter was about what you expect from a back-end guy. Chacin was roughed up a little and Davies has been what he is, inconsistent. I'm not a big Davies fan personally, he does this way too often to be an ace...which he isn't, but we sorta pretend he is.

So far this team looks as advertised. A potentially great offense and good bullpen, and horrible starting pitching.

The lineup is exciting though.

Sorta. That bullpen has already blown a save, Anderson's start was perfect, Suter was about what you expect from a back-end guy. Chacin was roughed up a little and Davies has been what he is, inconsistent. I'm not a big Davies fan personally, he does this way too often to be an ace...which he isn't, but we sorta pretend he is.

Numbers wise he is -- as long as it's not at Miller Park.

Archived