Brewer Fanatic

2018-04-02: Cardinals (Mikolas) at Brewers (Davies) 1:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 8-4]

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
OK, Cain can stay :)
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Lorenzo totally Prince'd that homer!

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

Still can't understand why you tab Suter for Game 3 and Davies for the home opener. I can't explain it, but Davies straight stinks at home and is an ace on the road. Like, moreso than any pitcher in baseball.

It made perfect sense to let him finish off the Padre series and roll with Suter in the home opener. I said it well beforehand and I just don't know what Counsell was thinking there.

Symbolism of being "opening day starter." Players would probably not like it if one of the horses didn't get to start this game. Counsell can't start Suter here no matter how much sense it makes. It's a sign of respect.

I would think that a good clubhouse which we seem go have who gets explained the logic by the manager could deal with it just fine.

I love Pina's arm behind the plate. He isn't flashy, but he's a solid ML catcher.

Totally agree. He's a high end defensive catcher. Anything he gives us with the bat is gravy, which as a bonus is pretty darn good too.

I don't understand why some wanted him replaced. I think he'll be pretty safe for 2 WAR or so.

I like Piña a lot too. Class act who signs autographs for the kids, even on games he's playing in. Something Lucroy never did. He can hit, too. His bat is legit. I just hope Counsell paces him over the course of the season. We need him fresh down the stretch
The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I like Piña a lot too. Class act who signs autographs for the kids, even on games he's playing in. Something Lucroy never did. He can hit, too. His bat is legit. I just hope Counsell paces him over the course of the season. We need him fresh down the stretch

That's why I hope Vogt comes back heathy. He isn't near the defensive catcher Pina is, but the bat is similar.

Thames can’t buy one. Hopefully they literature he’s been reading does the trick so he doesn’t go all mental and get in a funk.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I know you don't want to be overly aggressive, but we seem to be constantly staring at 2 strike pitches with 2 outs and RISP. Don't like that. Don't know what Villar was looking for. Fastball right down the middle.

Archived