Brewer Fanatic

2018-03-31: Brewers (Suter) at Padres (Perdomo) 7:40 PM CDT [Brewers win, 7-3]

TooLiveBrew
  • Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If they were considering Hader for the rotation at some point this year but were concerned about his innings, keeping him in this role where he pitches a couple innings every few days would do the trick......just a thought.....

Unless the rotation ends up being a complete disaster and they end up flush with elite bullpen options, I don't think Hader to the rotation is in consideration this year. I think they want him doing exactly what he's doing all of 2018, then who knows.

Can you name the only 2 active players with a .300+/.400+/.500+ career line (min 1000 PA)

Trout

Yes .305/.409/.565

I wonder if he finishes with it, .305 is pretty lowfor now assuming he might play until he is 42

Can you name the only 2 active players with a .300+/.400+/.500+ career line (min 1000 PA)

Has to be Trout and Votto

Yup got them both

Votto looks like a good bet to retire in the club, .313/.428/.540

Miggy was a good guess but he has a .395 career OBP right now

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Yup got them both

Votto looks like a good bet to retire in the club, .313/.428/.540

Miggy was a good guess but he has a .395 career OBP right now

I was flip flopping on Miggy and Votta and Trout, but Miggy had a terrible year last year. I figured that might have dropped him below a .400 OBP. I knew for sure Votto was in. He's been a machine.

Votto is a great guess. Id add Adrian Beltre as another gotta be close

Beltre actually only has a .340 career OBP

If they were considering Hader for the rotation at some point this year but were concerned about his innings, keeping him in this role where he pitches a couple innings every few days would do the trick......just a thought.....

Unless the rotation ends up being a complete disaster and they end up flush with elite bullpen options, I don't think Hader to the rotation is in consideration this year. I think they want him doing exactly what he's doing all of 2018, then who knows.

I don't disagree, I think given Hader's pretty much absolutely lack of a 3rd pitch he's better off in his current role, especially since he has taken so well to it, he can provide a TON of value as a fireman, but I know last year Stearns said they still saw him potentially as a starter someday. Don't think he said that at all this year though, so yeah unless there's a glaring hole they can't seem to fill I agree he's likely to stay in his current role where he is tremendously valuable.

Archived