Brewer Fanatic

2018-03-31: Brewers (Suter) at Padres (Perdomo) 7:40 PM CDT [Brewers win, 7-3]

TooLiveBrew
  • Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Windmill Eddie puts the stop sign up, a little surprised

Yeah, I thought he was an automatic go for Eddie.

Hopefully, Eddie has been talked to......sternly, about his windmill action.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Here is where we will see how good the lineup can be. The bottom has to come through in these situations. Not that one game is the story but these are the situations I'm watching.
but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

Sogard is at 3.1 fWAR/5.7 bWAR in 1631 PAs. That's 1.1 fWAR/600 PA or 2.1 bWAR/600 PA.

Villar is at 2.3 fWAR/5.4 bWAR in 1779 PAs. That's 0.8 fWAR/600 PA or 1.8 bWAR/600 PA.

Perez is at 0.9 fWAR/2.1 bWAR in 1242 PAs. That's 0.4 fWAR/600 PA or 1.0 bWAR/600 PA.

Quite the fearsome hierarchy. Let's hope Keston is legit, I guess.

Just kind of all the more surprising that they didn't pursue Walker for cheap. He's certainly not spectacular, but he's fairly safe.

I think Kipnis could end up being the one we wish we had pulled the trigger on.

Sogard is at 3.1 fWAR/5.7 bWAR in 1631 PAs. That's 1.1 fWAR/600 PA or 2.1 bWAR/600 PA.

Villar is at 2.3 fWAR/5.4 bWAR in 1779 PAs. That's 0.8 fWAR/600 PA or 1.8 bWAR/600 PA.

Perez is at 0.9 fWAR/2.1 bWAR in 1242 PAs. That's 0.4 fWAR/600 PA or 1.0 bWAR/600 PA.

Just kind of all the more surprising that they didn't pursue Walker for cheap. He's certainly not spectacular, but he's fairly safe.

I think Stearns wanted to see if Villar could get the magic back, and if he can't, there will be someone we can acquire at the trade deadline similar to Walker last year or if Dubon is doing well at AAA you could give him some time there too.

Either way I don't think anyone here is too concerned long term with 2B, but this year might be a project to get some production there.

I think Stearns wanted to see if Villar could get the magic back, and if he can't, there will be someone we can acquire at the trade deadline similar to Walker last year or if Dubon is doing well at AAA you could give him some time there too.

Either way I don't think anyone here is too concerned long term with 2B, but this year might be a project to get some production there.

Hiura is coming faster than people think.

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

I can understand that line of thinking if Walker wasn't to be had for dirt cheap.

2nd time tonight staring at 3rd strikes with 2 outs and RISP. Come on, guys.

Sogard was the victim of a very generous strike zone by the ump where 6 inches inside is a strike... Villar was right down the middle..

Villar is potentially one helluva trade chip once Hiura is ready if he could play like he did in 2016. I guess my thought is if they didn't go get Walker, there must be something about Villar's struggles last year that Coles/Counsell/Stearns think could be fixed for Villar.

Also to keep this thread on track, that inside fastball against lefties from Perdomo is a pretty great pitch, I'm not going to fault Villar for striking out on that.

2nd time tonight staring at 3rd strikes with 2 outs and RISP. Come on, guys.

Sogard was the victim of a very generous strike zone by the ump where 6 inches inside is a strike... Villar was right down the middle..

Thanks, didn't see the first one.

Archived