Brewer Fanatic

2018-03-31: Brewers (Suter) at Padres (Perdomo) 7:40 PM CDT [Brewers win, 7-3]

TooLiveBrew
  • Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yu Darvish with a rough first outing for the Cubs. Gave up 5 earned runs in 4.1 innings pitched. Short start after the team had a 17 inning game last night.

You think the Cubs will sell low?

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

I have a feeling people are gonna realize what sogard is really quickly...

Only slightly worse than Perez and Villar?

That's pretty bad. Play solid defense, but can't hit a lick.

They're 3 bad options. If I could only have one of them for 162 games I guess I would take Sogard as he's probably going to do the fewest things that will hurt you out of the bunch.

I thought Suter was supposed to be throwing harder this year?
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I know it's early, I just hate watching Suter. Feels like a left handed Jeff Suppan

If he doesn't have great command, he's going to get slapped around. That's just the pitcher he is. His command was pretty rock solid most of the time last year, so I think he'll be fine. Never great, but fine.

Sogard is at 3.1 fWAR/5.7 bWAR in 1631 PAs. That's 1.1 fWAR/600 PA or 2.1 bWAR/600 PA.

Villar is at 2.3 fWAR/5.4 bWAR in 1779 PAs. That's 0.8 fWAR/600 PA or 1.8 bWAR/600 PA.

Perez is at 0.9 fWAR/2.1 bWAR in 1242 PAs. That's 0.4 fWAR/600 PA or 1.0 bWAR/600 PA.

Quite the fearsome hierarchy. Let's hope Keston is legit, I guess.

Archived