Brewer Fanatic

2018-03-31: Brewers (Suter) at Padres (Perdomo) 7:40 PM CDT [Brewers win, 7-3]

TooLiveBrew

Maybe just avoiding 3 lefties in a row? Not a fan of moving Cain Yellich out of 1-2.

Pina bell rung and a jammed thumb that was heavily taped up yesterday so Bandy makes sense.

Don't think you "punish" Arcia with a day off. Have been worse mistakes without benching. Guessing just wanted Sogard to get a start but I'm not a fan.

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As others have said, it’s 3 days into the season...why start messing around already? Pina fine if he’s dinged up but the Arcia move annoys me greatly.

And Cain at leadoff is working great, why mess with it?

They won a ton in spring training all while jacking around the lineup. Braun might’ve been the only guy to hit in his spot all camp. Keep the W’s coming!
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Why would moving him to #3 affect how he's doing though? That seems superstitious. He's a very good hitter who's in great physical condition and he's seeing the ball well. What would it have to do with his spot in the order? Baseball has a way of causing people to see spurious connections where there are none, just like finding patterns in random events like gambling.

I think the poster above who mentioned mixing up lefties and righties hit the nail on the head. This will allow them to use Aguilar or Braun to PH for Thames when the Padres go to their pen for an LHP. That throws a wrench in their ability to get the match-up they want. Thames's OBP and numbers with RISP are more than enough to justify leading him off in the interest of alternating LHB's and RHB's later in the game.

I read the comments last night about Uke's awful call of Braun's homer and it's funny - all the clips I've seen that feature the radio call edit out the part where he thought Braun missed.

I haven't heard the original call, but I'm guessing that Uke blinked or took his eyes off of the pitch for a millisecond and somehow missed the bat making contact with the ball (and perhaps didn't hear the crack because of crowd noise). Then he saw Braun turn his head in what looked like disgust (at first, I thought Braun was upset he didn't get all of it or something) and thought he struck out.

I heard the full call, and that's exactly what happened. There was little reaction from the horrible crowd in San Diego last night as well. He also admitted that he missed it, so it isn't like he was trying to cover for anything.

The full call is posted at the end of last night's game thread (thx SomewhereInTime; I'd been looking all over for it) - Ueck says he thought it was a foul tip. Leitner's call for the Pads is priceless - he just won't let the Braun thing go so nice to hear Braun shut him up.

Throw in bueller with kemp, I’ll take it.

Buehler?

Ya, that guy.

I should start using blue more often. Before it’s mentioned, I understand he’s not a throw in.

"There's more people to ignore in New York or in Boston than there are in Milwaukee, but I would still ignore them, probably."

-Zack Greinke

Throw in bueller with kemp, I’ll take it.

Buehler?

Ya, that guy.

I should start using blue more often. Before it’s mentioned, I understand he’s not a throw in.

No worries. I just thought there was a different prospect I hadn't thought of. Having said that, I agree with you that Buehler would be a nice get. I'd think pitching would be the priority.

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

Makes sense for Braun with the off day tomorrow. Counsell likes doubling up. But after last nights heroics, it’ll be interesting.

Or he truly is involved in a trade with the Dodgers, in which case, I will be screaming into a pillow.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Makes sense for Braun with the off day tomorrow. Counsell likes doubling up. But after last nights heroics, it’ll be interesting.

Or he truly is involved in a trade with the Dodgers, in which case, I will be screaming into a pillow.

I thought DS denied the rumors?

As others have said, it’s 3 days into the season...why start messing around already? Pina fine if he’s dinged up but the Arcia move annoys me greatly.

over managing.

Better chance he gets traded to wonderland for the Easter Bunny.

Better chance he gets traded to wonderland for the Easter Bunny.

Don't be so sure...

Sure would’ve been nice to get more than one there but we made his pitch count climb quite a bit in inning one.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Archived