Brewer Fanatic

2018-03-31: Brewers (Suter) at Padres (Perdomo) 7:40 PM CDT [Brewers win, 7-3]

TooLiveBrew
The entire narrative of how both teams are on the rise and moving in the right direction was lazy reporting. These teams are in totally different places - San Diego is not remotely close to competing for anything but a high draft pick right now.

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The entire narrative of how both teams are on the rise and moving in the right direction was lazy reporting. These teams are in totally different places - San Diego is not remotely close to competing for anything but a high draft pick right now.

Seems harsh. He never said they were in the same place, just said both teams had things to enjoy and look forward to this season, which is true. He fully admitted San Diego isn't there yet and he straight up said he thinks Milwaukee is a playoff team. He also pointed out that despite the sweep, it wasn't a lopsided series, and the Padres were 2 bounces from winning the series. Also true.

They were nothing but complimentary about the Brewers the entire broadcast. They gushed over the lineup and pen and said it was just completely unfair to have a guy like Hader following Suter especially with the other guys. (In the context of "that's unfair = those guys are awesome.")

I didn’t watch every pitch because I had the NCAA’s etc going on. But, Karros was fine to me and I’ve heard him before. I have found him insightful and like hearing his outsider perspective and he brings decent knowledge.

It’s interesting having the rare scheduled Sunday off.

Archived