Brewer Fanatic

Brewers have signed Mystery Third Baseman

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haudricourt is a nice guy but there’s no pretense that he’s anything but a lackey for the organization. He’s not here to break news. I’m sure he knows or hears tons that he will not share. He’s not going to dig deep and provide angles on different thought processes either unless it is trivial in nature.

There are numerous beat reporters who follow teams and actually press the team. The teams obviously respect said beat reporters’ jobs and don’t freeze them out. I’m sure there is off the record stuff too. But Tom is operating at a more facile level as a newspaper beat reporter. He overall defends the decision making. He doesn’t challenge the strategies and thinking. He obviously wants to keep a positive relationship with the key members of the organization, not understanding that they’d respect him even if he went off on different story angles that are more questioning in nature.

It’s funny when he interacts with fans. Even if fans bring up legit questions, he will tear the fans down, sometimes even with contempt.

I accept him for what he is. He will give info — the basics — but not push any criticisms or questions whatsoever and keep it extremely vanilla. He’s hardly a journalistic hall of famer. If he were, he’d be able to write about legit questions more forcefully and keep a good relationship with the key members in the organization who’d respect his job as the main outside beat reporter.

Do we still not know the player? I guess he heard off the record in this instance. Maybe there’s a delay with the physical.

I'm hoping it's Lawrie, and I'm hoping he can get to a functional mental state. He still has serious untapped baseball potential, and is just 28 years old.

There is a cheese wedge on the top of Lawrie's Twitter page.

*Groan*. I wasn't a fan when I saw him play in Appleton before we traded him. Some things just aren't worth it.

http://thesportspin.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/Brett-Lawrie-is-Edward-40-Hands1.jpg

There is a cheese wedge on the top of Lawrie's Twitter page.

*Groan*. I wasn't a fan when I saw him play in Appleton before we traded him. Some things just aren't worth it.

http://thesportspin.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/Brett-Lawrie-is-Edward-40-Hands1.jpg

HAAHAAHA i FORGOT ALL ABOUT THIS!! EDWARD 40 HANDS!

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

Are we seriously scrounging up photos of the guy from 8 years ago, and looking at his time as a Single A player to judge an acquisition that we don't know will even happen? Sheesh!

Agreed. Yes, I remember watching him with the T- rats, and it was obvious he was a jerk who was hated by his teammates, but he was 19 then.

He's now 28, married, child on the way, unwanted by baseball for a year. It's possible he has a new perspective.

If he proves to still be arrogant and crazy, they can cut him, no harm done. He was a 15 career WAR player through age 26, he's worth a quick look.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"88.6% of all statistics are made up right there on the spot" Todd Snider

-Posted by the fan formerly known as X ellence. David Stearns has brought me back..

My big problem with Lawrie is that by the age of 25 he had already proven to be more fragile than Ryan Braun at the age of 34. It's also worth noting that Lawrie had a .303 OBP over his last 1268 MLB plate appearances.

My big problem with Lawrie is that by the age of 25 he had already proven to be more fragile than Ryan Braun at the age of 34. It's also worth noting that Lawrie had a .303 OBP over his last 1268 MLB plate appearances.

Well, that may explain why he's a AAA signing in early April (if this is true).

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

My issue with Lawrie is that Edward 40Hands is supposed to be BOTH hands. Clearly he has only taped one hand here which is pointless as any self respecting bro could finish a single 40 ouncer without setting it down. Yes, maybe he's finished the other 40 but why take the tape and bottle off? You aren't finished until BOTH bottles are finished. Either case it's a major red flag.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

I talked to lawrie for like 15 minutes before a game when the trats came through Beloit. He was extremely cool. Not a d-bag at all. Yes, he was a total frat-boy-bro and his temper is well documented but people deserve another shot. He has talent and I kinda hope it’s him.

Haudricourt says he's drawing a "blank" on the name. So I'll go with...

Andres Blanco

Plays multiple positions including 3rd and is a switch hitter. Recently released. Fits Stearns profile to a T.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Andres Blanco

Plays multiple positions including 3rd and is a switch hitter. Recently released. Fits Stearns profile to a T.

Oh man ... here I was hoping it would be someone who hasn't been bad his whole career.

I should say, he fits the Stearns profile except for the not hitting part. But I guess he'd have a job if he could do that.

Andres Blanco

Or you are reporting what BW is saying

Andres Blanco

I know that is a parity account, but that doesn't stop it from being incredibly stupid, in my opinion.

Andres Blanco

I know that is a parity account, but that doesn't stop it from being incredibly stupid, in my opinion.

There are many equal or peer accounts to Brewer World out there so I agree with your assessment on parity. One may say that HighHeat was a parity account to Brewer World.

Brewers signed INF Andres Blanco to a minor league contract.

Blanco was cut by the Giants toward the end of spring training. The 33-year-old infielder will report to Triple-A Colorado Springs to open the 2018 season.

Source: Milwaukee Brewers on TwitterApr 2 - 6:21 PM

Talk about disappointing. *sigh*

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Let's erase this thread forever and forget we ever had this even happen.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Brewers signed INF Andres Blanco to a minor league contract.

Blanco was cut by the Giants toward the end of spring training. The 33-year-old infielder will report to Triple-A Colorado Springs to open the 2018 season.

Source: Milwaukee Brewers on TwitterApr 2 - 6:21 PM

Talk about disappointing. *sigh*

Yay! Junk with positional flexibility!

I would have rather seen Yuni B signed.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Archived