Brewer Fanatic

Brewers have signed Mystery Third Baseman

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was going to pile on to these former Brewers third baseman jokes, and then I realized Casey McGehee is actually a legitimately decent guess at just 35 years old and coming off a successful season in Japan.

He is still listed on the team roster for the Yomiuri Giants, but doesn’t appear to have played in games this season according to their team stats.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

I was going to pile on to these former Brewers third baseman jokes, and then I realized Casey McGehee is actually a legitimately decent guess at just 35 years old and coming off a successful season in Japan.

He is still listed on the team roster for the Yomiuri Giants, but doesn’t appear to have played in games this season according to their team stats.

Sub-.550 OPS in his last two MLB seasons. I doubt it's him. Hill and Lawrie are better guesses, but I hope it's Reynolds. He's perfect Braun insurance for when they inevitably have to DFA Aguilar, and he could take Perez's 3B innings as well. Good RHB complement to Shaw. I could even see him making the big club if they DFA Villar, who could have a very short leash at this point. Perez/Sogard at 2B would be adequate, with Dubon and Franklin available in case of injury.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Is this some kind of weird early April Fools joke?

probably. I'ts probably like pretzilla buns has been signed to a AAA contract but will join the sausage race in may or something stupid

I loved the Sandlot video, but I swear if this is more cutesy social media crap ...

Or it could be Haudricourt just being his ornery self. Do you think we can trade Haudricourt and an undisclosed amount of cash to Tampa Bay for Marc Tompkin? Tompkin has regularly broken big news, and stays on top of things very well. Haudricourt is just kind of "there". He is better than Rosiak, though.

I'm hoping it's Lawrie, and I'm hoping he can get to a functional mental state. He still has serious untapped baseball potential, and is just 28 years old.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"88.6% of all statistics are made up right there on the spot" Todd Snider

-Posted by the fan formerly known as X ellence. David Stearns has brought me back..

I'm hoping it's Lawrie, and I'm hoping he can get to a functional mental state. He still has serious untapped baseball potential, and is just 28 years old.

There is a cheese wedge on the top of Lawrie's Twitter page.

Is this some kind of weird early April Fools joke?

I mean, I guess it could be but Haudricourt doesn't seem like an April Fools kind of guy and it would be the lamest April Fools joke ever. I don't think a lot of fans are going to get too excited about guessing a 3rd baseman with MLB experience signing a minor league deal with the Brewers.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

There is a cheese wedge on the top of Lawrie's Twitter page.

*Groan*. I wasn't a fan when I saw him play in Appleton before we traded him. Some things just aren't worth it.

Archived