Brewer Fanatic

2018-03-30: Brewers (Chacín) at Padres (Lucchesi) 9:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 8-6]

TooLiveBrew
  • Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Stuff happens. No harm done.

Thank god we can laugh about that now. Didn't Arcia have some horrid baserunning blunder back in the day?

Was it this?

It was that weird situation where he and Braun(?) were standing on second and he was safe or out or something and he returned to first...idk...it was one of those things you see once and know you will never see again before you die.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Mod Note: don't cuss. Thanks.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Its silly to draw conclusions on a players season after 3 innings. It's silly to predict Cy Young and silly to call someone is a bust. What's so hard to understand about that?

Sweeping comments dramatically positive or negative at this point make the person saying them look like a fool.

You mean like this one?

The bolded is neither dramatic or sweeping. Saying something is "like" something is far from definitive It's logical that a person drawing conclusions from tiny samples is mathematically destined to be made a fool.

Don't worry, I'm checking out of this cesspool. Yeesh.

Cesspool? Because someone doesn't agree with you? Ok

This is the #4 when the staff is at full strength. It's possibly the #5.

It definitely isn't the #2.

Yup. Sad thing is I think our 4 and 5s debut will be alot better. This guy got man handle he would have up ten if left out their.

Sigh...... This is the number 2? Idc if it's game one for him, I'm gonna say it.

Davies is our #2, just set for him to pitch home opener

It doesn't really matter. Chacin has to pitch well if this team is going to compete. He didn't do that tonight. Hopefully he will in the future.

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

He's doing better than his debut last year at least...3.1 IP, 9 ER.

Good find. While this sucks, it just shows that it’s one game.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Cesspool? Because someone doesn't agree with you? Ok

I'm guessing it's a cesspool because the quality of the boards has eroded a lot over the last few years. I think anyone here long enough can attest to that. It's not getting better.

Listen man, I don't post here a ton but I've been here for years. But you could take'r easy in the game threads. You're living on every pitch and it's game 2. It's exhausting and frankly a little annoying. The part you bolded also didn't make any sense.

-Arcia, Your welcome Chacin

Arcia shouldn’t be talking.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
So we’re judging players by one game now? If that’s the case, we clearly lost the Yelich trade. Stearns is such an idiot.

I judge them based on facial hair.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Archived