Brewer Fanatic

2018-03-30: Brewers (Chacín) at Padres (Lucchesi) 9:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 8-6]

TooLiveBrew
  • Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Great hit by Braun, but I have to wonder what the opposing coach was thinking. His closer pitched two innings yesterday, was clearly gassed and was a lefty pitching to Braun. I think the quote goes:

You fool! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders - the most famous of which is "never get involved in a land war in Asia" - but only slightly less well-known is this: "Never pitch a lefty to Ryan Braun when the game is on the line!"

Inconceivable!

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

I didn't hear the radio call, but if Uecker truly thought that was either a swing and a miss or a foul tip.......yikes.

The brewer's twitter page has the call up. They edited the first part out and just play ueck's home run call. The edited silence before is very awkward.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I didn't hear the radio call, but if Uecker truly thought that was either a swing and a miss or a foul tip.......yikes.

The brewer's twitter page has the call up. They edited the first part out and just play ueck's home run call. The edited silence before is very awkward.

Part of my childhood is dying. :(

I remember a couple years ago he was having medical issues and was similarly bad. Hopefully this is just a temporary thing and he can retire with grace. I'd hate to see him spiral downward and be removed...

Archived