Brewer Fanatic

2018-03-29: OPENING DAY! Brewers (Anderson) at Padres (Richard) 3:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 2-1]

hawing
  • Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply
To me it looked like he might have jammed his right shoulder a bit, but his face got the brunt of it. Glad hes back out
Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

Happy Opening Day everyone!!

Molina homered for the Cardinals already.

Yeah, that was the high point. The new, svealt Thor mowed 'em down with 10 K's, no BB. The Mets' pen was pretty good as well. Cards ace Martinez walked everything!

Five hits for the Brewers through 3 innings, I think we are going to enjoy watching this team hit this season.

*small sample size

**Clayton Richard on the mound

Caveats aside, I'd say I'm at least mildly encouraged by the hitting so far.

I haven't looked up the splits, but it seems like Villar is a much better hitter batting LH, yet they have him in a platoon that makes him bat RH 95% of the time. Just seems like we're putting him in a spot where he's going to fail.

Well, Villar isn't doing much to justify the team's faith in him so far :(

[sarcasm]Pina either![/sarcasm]

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Well, Villar isn't doing much to justify the team's faith in him so far :(

[sarcasm]Pina either![/sarcasm]

Yes, I know. Two at bats. Bt two flailing Ks isn't going to lead to more playing time for a guy looking at a platoon situation. And I like Villar, and think he should see the vast majority of the time out there.

I haven't looked up the splits, but it seems like Villar is a much better hitter batting LH, yet they have him in a platoon that makes him bat RH 95% of the time. Just seems like we're putting him in a spot where he's going to fail.

That was the case last year, but not even close in 2016. .930 OPS as a RHB in 2016

Thanks for the video trwi7.

Here's your description, liveforoctober. Anderson attempted to give home plate a kiss as gratitude for scoring the first of many runs this season.

Bad to kiss and tell, worse to kiss and run. But to kiss WHILE running....well, that takes a Brewer.

Community Moderator
just curious, but anyone else not able to access this game? my Apple TV says the game is subjected to local or blackout restrictions. I live in phoenix, and have subscribed for many years

Are you in the Padres blackout zone? They have a claim on most of southern Arizona.

Braun with the dig!

He has looked good there so far. Looks natural.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Archived