Brewer Fanatic

2018-03-29: OPENING DAY! Brewers (Anderson) at Padres (Richard) 3:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 2-1]

hawing
Cain

Yelich

Braun

Shaw

Santana

Pina

Villar

Arcia

Anderson

Barring regression, and with the expectation of a Villar rebound, that may be the most solid top-to-bottom lineup this team has fielded in some time. They fielded this lineup a few times in spring, but knowing these guys will now be playing whole games just adds to the excitement.

When I read through it, my thought was "That's a really solid lineup!"

Here's hoping Villar bounces back to adequate, & guys like Shaw & Pina don't drop off too much. I also think Arcia is going to take a nice step forward at the plate this year.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I legit hit sent before that play even happened. Oh the joys of watching him try to play left field. Makes Ryan Braun look like Torri Hunter in his prime.

So much for the idea that dropping 30 lbs makes you a better fielder.

He could be even worse with 30 more pounds. Haven't been watching, but is it approaching Yakety Sax territory yet?

I also think Arcia is going to take a nice step forward at the plate this year.

I think Arcia will have a very good year at the plate. That's the only reason I would consider hitting him 9th. If you go:

Villar

Catcher

Pitcher

Arcia

Then you can let Villar run all he wants to try to make something happen with catcher pitcher up and you have Arcia hitting in front of the top of the order. Very solid lineup no matter how you put it together though. This game seems soooo far away yet.

I legit hit sent before that play even happened. Oh the joys of watching him try to play left field. Makes Ryan Braun look like Torri Hunter in his prime.

More like: he makes Prince Fielder look like Omar Vizquel

The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!

FYI for you out of towners.....the Brewers game is the "free game of the day" on MLB.tv

And of course, I'm going to be out and about during the game. Time to install the MLB app.

And of course I'm at work and blacked out in San Diego. There tomorrow and Sat. UW tailgate is on Sat. this year at 3.

Brewers smoking this fool so far and just crap results.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Archived