Brewer Fanatic

2018-03-29: OPENING DAY! Brewers (Anderson) at Padres (Richard) 3:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 2-1]

hawing
  • Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Isn't when he blows a save on Opening day kind of a relevant time to mention it?

Seriously, does stuff like that really bother you that much? Why? Its not like I said Knebel is a worthless bum and needs to be demoted to mop up duty.

When Knebel blew the save I said I thought he was a big regression candidate. Then someone said all closers pretty much are and I said I agreed other than the true greats.

Why would that sequence of dialogue bother you in any way?"

Some people trigger easily Adam. Simple as that.

Does Perez have options? Keep Choi!

Seriously, why not? Sogard can play 2nd, SS, and 3B. So can Villar. We don't need Perez for the OF at all.

Seems crazy to think of keep four 1Bs when 3 of them are basically 1B only but nothing Stearns has done lately has been by the book.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
"Isn't when he blows a save on Opening day kind of a relevant time to mention it?

Seriously, does stuff like that really bother you that much? Why? Its not like I said Knebel is a worthless bum and needs to be demoted to mop up duty.

When Knebel blew the save I said I thought he was a big regression candidate. Then someone said all closers pretty much are and I said I agreed other than the true greats.

Also, some people are ticked he blew the save and don't want to be reminded of it.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Also, some people are ticked he blew the save and don't want to be reminded of it.

I don't think many are here secretly rooting for a Brewer loss...but ok

Boy, who is more annoying to watch play, Perez or Santana...

Perez for me. Just hate watching him bat so much. Refuses to learn the strike zone.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Perez for me. Just hate watching him bat so much. Refuses to learn the strike zone.

Ya I don't like either as a player. Just watching Santana's little league D is frustrating.

Umm, Perez. By a lot.

By alot? Idk...I thought it was closer that that. Something about Santana really irritates me though...oh maybe his crappy defense.

Meh, the defense is annoying but his offense can be really exciting. Perez is almost always irritating at the plate and his defense isn’t special.

Let me put it this way. How often does Santana do something annoying on defense (not too often)? How often does Perez get out on the first pitch or swing at garbage off the plate (essentially every day)?

What’s Choi’s WAR for the season if he’s sent down for the rest of the year.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

BA: "What a luxury the Brewers have in having 4 guys that can play shortstop..."

Why on earth is that a luxury? When do you need 4 shortstops in a game, especially when you have one of them who is going to play 145+?

Great point

BA: "What a luxury the Brewers have in having 4 guys that can play shortstop..."

Why on earth is that a luxury? When do you need 4 shortstops in a game, especially when you have one of them who is going to play 145+?

Playing SS typically means you can play a lot more than just SS.

Choi is going to need to do more to not be sent down. More than one double I would think.

Especially with this many relievers used today.

We get an off day on Sunday right? Shouldn’t be a big concern, especially with Woodruff in the pen.

Archived