Brewer Fanatic

2018-03-29: OPENING DAY! Brewers (Anderson) at Padres (Richard) 3:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 2-1]

hawing

HAPPY OPENING DAY! We'll add lineups after they become available.

YOUR MILWAUKEE BREWERS (0-0)

CF Lorenzo Cain ®

LF Christian Yelich (L)

1B Ryan Braun ®

3B Travis Shaw (L)

RF Domingo Santana ®

C Manny Piña ®

2B Jonathan Villar (S)

SS Orlando Arcia ®

RHP Chase Anderson ®

SAN DIEGO PADRES (0-0)

CF Manuel Margot ®

RF Wil Myers ®

1B Eric Hosmer (L)

LF Jose Pirela ®

2B Carlos Asuaje (L)

3B Chase Headley (S)

SS Freddy Galvis (S)

C Austin Hedges ®

LHP Clayton Richard (L)

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It is like time has been crawling along all morning. Can't wait for games to get under way. I've been scrolling through lineups, seen Brinson is leading off for the Marlins and they also have Garrett Cooper starting in RF. Will be interesting to watch how Brinson does this season.

First time since MLK was shot that everyone is opening on the same day.

Go crew!

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Looking forward to a season's worth of agonizing over every runner stranded at 3rd with less than 2 outs, and whether every close loss will cost us a playoff spot.

Outside of the agony of fandom, this offense should be fun to watch for a full 162.

First time since MLK was shot that everyone is opening on the same day.

Go crew!

Rain has put a halt to that.

Is there more of a (first world) ultimate bummer than to have Opening Day rained out?

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
FYI for you out of towners.....the Brewers game is the "free game of the day" on MLB.tv
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

FYI for you out of towners.....the Brewers game is the "free game of the day" on MLB.tv

Thanks for the heads up. I thought all games would be free today but guess not.

Good way to spend some time until Tribe opens up in Seattle late tonight..

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Cain

Yelich

Braun

Shaw

Santana

Pina

Villar

Arcia

Anderson

Barring regression, and with the expectation of a Villar rebound, that may be the most solid top-to-bottom lineup this team has fielded in some time. They fielded this lineup a few times in spring, but knowing these guys will now be playing whole games just adds to the excitement.

Happ hits the first pitch of the season out. Urena follows up by hitting 3 Cub batters in the inning. I guess you could say he hasn't quite found his control yet. Don't think it's opening day nerves... there are only about 15,000 people in the stadium.

Happy Opening Day everyone!!

Molina homered for the Cardinals already. Cubs up big on Miami. But I know I can sleep well knowing I don’t have to watch Kyle Schwarber attempt to play left field for my favorite team. He’s awful

Well the Cubs-Marlins are now tied thanks to a bad play and an awful play by Kyle Schwarber in LF.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Archived