Brewer Fanatic

Your 2018 Colorado Springs Sky Sox

Mass Haas
  • 2 weeks later...
In honor of Brett Phillips' return to the Majors, a look at his AAA stat line so far this year:

.143/.571/.429

He's hitting 1-for-7 with 7 WALKS!!! 4 strikeouts and his 1 hit is a triple.

Surprised he jumped Keon

I'm not. Keon can only play CF apparently, and Cain has been durable. Phillips is great defensively anywhere out there.

Are we sure Keon can't play the corners? That seems strange to me. I hear of a lot of corner OFs that can't play CF but not usually the other way around.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Are we sure Keon can't play the corners? That seems strange to me. I hear of a lot of corner OFs that can't play CF but not usually the other way around.

That was just relaying what someone else here told me in spring training when I wondered the same thing. I mean, he's definitely athletic enough. Perhaps it's an angle thing?

Brewer Fanatic Staff

New quotes from Bubba Derby within. He's a notable news source in these road locales (New Orleans here), and is doing an amazing job of balancing the interview process while keeping his eye on his big league goal, pitching very well.

Vegas shooting never far from Bubba Derby's mind

Darrell Williams, New Orleans Advocate

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Purple Mays Haze

3:05 Best example of 70/80 hit tool but 20 run and field in the minors right now?

Eric A Longenhagen

3:07 Hmmm, that's tough. Maybe Nate Orf? I don't think he's a 2 runner or anything but I think he hits a ton and that's kinda it.

• 3 weeks later...
Brewer Fanatic Staff

Multiple video interview links, quotes, and details from Corbin Burnes Fresno / Bakersfield homecoming --

Corbin Burnes looks to find stride, and a Major League call-up

Teddy Feinberg, Bakersfield.com

"In the fourth, fifth inning finally settled in. Throw some good, quality pitches. Really, for the first time all season really felt relaxed out there. Felt like I did last year.”

Big opening at 1B now, right? I assume Miller plays SS to get some time in there.

I see Bandy played 1B yesterday. Thats one way of Nottingham and Bandy getting at bats, but keeping them fresh.

Outside of the box, has Wren ever played any infield ever? We know what he is as an OFer by now. Could check a box on the resume if he were able to scoop grounders and throws and be able to play some 1B now. Make more valuable as bench player.

Big opening at 1B now, right? I assume Miller plays SS to get some time in there.

I see Bandy played 1B yesterday. Thats one way of Nottingham and Bandy getting at bats, but keeping them fresh.

Outside of the box, has Wren ever played any infield ever? We know what he is as an OFer by now. Could check a box on the resume if he were able to scoop grounders and throws and be able to play some 1B now. Make more valuable as bench player.

Bring up Nick Ramirez and he can play 1st and pitch out of the pen.

Why is Ramirez not up to AAA? I thought maybe AA is short of pen arms, but I don't see that to be the case. I know you need to save room for the guys that you can treat like a rented mule (Dillard, Zagurski), but it would seem you could find room for him. Unless Ramirez has been playing so long for Biloxi that he is the mayor now, he has been there four straight years now.

Why is Ramirez not up to AAA? I thought maybe AA is short of pen arms, but I don't see that to be the case. I know you need to save room for the guys that you can treat like a rented mule (Dillard, Zagurski), but it would seem you could find room for him. Unless Ramirez has been playing so long for Biloxi that he is the mayor now, he has been there four straight years now.

Ya, I kind of assumed he was in Colorado Springs too. Makes you wonder if the organization doesn't see anything in him. They did let him become a minor league free agent last year but he did resign eventually.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Could be that the organization doesn't figure Ramirez's stuff would work well in Colorado. We've seen plenty of pitchers get knocked around there.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived