Brewer Fanatic

It Won't Be Long Now

Dead Simmons

Lordy, it's been a long off season! Well, it's gonna be an interesting season for this 3-team race in the Central. I know you guys made some good pickups, the Cards not so much and I don't think the Cubs did much.

Is it too much to ask that we have a touch and go race rather than looking up at the Northsiders all year!??

I'm not sure I'd say the Cubs didn't do much. Darvish and a revamped bullpen, though admittedly they don't have a single reliever as good as Davis or Chapman to anchor their pen though. Many very solid guys though. The Cards also made some minor moves along with getting Ozuna, they have some good young players as well that can improve.

I'm a fairly optimistic Brewer fan, I'm most concerned with the Cubs offense this year. Much moreso than their pitching...which I'm hoping will tank their season.

Community Moderator
I agree. I really feel like we have both closed the gap, and ALL the pundits report that the Brewers will be the most improved team this year. (gulp)

Unfortunately the Cubs are probably due for a bounce-back year. But all the pundits predicting them to be World Champions? No way. They are the third-best team in the NL on paper and will hopefully have to fight a close battle for a division title again.

I also hope that skinny Schwarber continues to be a bust.

I agree. I really feel like we have both closed the gap, and ALL the pundits report that the Brewers will be the most improved team this year. (gulp)

Unfortunately the Cubs are probably due for a bounce-back year. But all the pundits predicting them to be World Champions? No way. They are the third-best team in the NL on paper and will hopefully have to fight a close battle for a division title again.

I also hope that skinny Schwarber continues to be a bust.

Huh? Did he have a bad Spring?

Community Moderator
Can't speak to spring, but Schwarber has already made two awful plays in the OF today...he's probably not as bad, but it seems as bad as Braun at 3b, today at least. He looks terrible.

I honestly have no idea how he did in spring, I'm referring to the fact that his career bWAR is negative.

Archived