Brewer Fanatic

Tony Gwynn chat...

Matt Osborne (Pewaukee Wi): Hey Tony I'm a Brewers fan and a saw that we selected your son in the 2nd round what can we expect Tony Gwynn Jr.?

Tony Gwynn: Matt, what you're going to find is a guy who is pretty determined. He has sound skills and falls into that category (just like his dad) that when you don't hit with a lot of power you've got to do everything else right. And he does. I'm his dad, so of course I'll brag a little bit. But he's a smart baserunner, the best defender, a get on base kinda guy. You won't watch him once and be wowed by a long-ball, but he'll certainly grow on you. He's very consistant and so mechanically sound. He'll head to Milwaukee and make a name for himself. I've been wearing my Brewers hat proud. ... and by the way, he was a steal in the second round!

Archived