Brewer Fanatic

Next year's F/A pitchers?

They don’t have to be. As prospects emerge, trade the established player before they get super expensive. Hopefully Stearns can guess right more often than not.

Part of the reason I wanted to get out ahead of the curve by signing cobb. Careful with this take its horribly unpopular.

I was almost certain you were going with the every year add a chacin model... but nope.

They don’t have to be. As prospects emerge, trade the established player before they get super expensive. Hopefully Stearns can guess right more often than not.

Part of the reason I wanted to get out ahead of the curve by signing cobb. Careful with this take its horribly unpopular.

I was almost certain you were going with the every year add a chacin model... but nope.

I don’t agree signing Cobb adds to this process. I don’t want to replace one of our performing pitchers with an old guy. When a young in forces their way up, make a trade using the performer to fill holes, add depth.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

That assumes Anderson Davies and Nelson are all performing. Andersons paid, Davies hits arby next year, Nelson hits arby 2 next year. All costs increasing. Who is bumping those 3 onto the trade block before we watch them leave for comp picks? Chacin's getting bumped next year... but you need some big things from suter woodruff burnes to make any of those top 3 expendable. Basically asking the group to go 6 for 6 to be able to cycle a contract to rebuild the farm... before they cycle off and you get comp picks.

We are on the same idea... the hader + 1 of peralta williams barnes lets us trade off knebel... rotation kids get promoted into 4-5 and graduate to 1-2-3 bumping one of the top 3 onto the trade block roster flow. But we disagree on the ability to effectively do that. You think we can as is. I think we need one more piece that doesn't cost prospects via trade to get to a point of rotation surplus.

You aren't willing to buy that piece that increases our chances at surplus... I am in the right circumstance and I feel cobb was that chance.

Im curious as to whom you see being able to crack the top 3 before the top 3 clocks hit zero and how soon you feel that can be done because we know control = trade value.

Archived