Brewer Fanatic

Alex Cobb to the Orioles

pogokat

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Per Rosenthal:

Sources: #Orioles close to agreement with free-agent RHP Alex Cobb. Expected to be at least three years. Sides had been talking about deal in range of three years, $50M. Possibility of deal first mentioned by @JeffPassan.

Frankly, I'll be impressed if those numbers are accurate. Good for Cobb for sticking to his guns if he gets that deal. Not sad at all the Brewers skipped on that.

"Counsell is stupid, Hader not used right, Bradley shouldn't have been in the lineup...Brewers win!!" - FVBrewerFan - 6/3/21

Oh, lordy the end is nigh for the Brewers rotation how will they ever survive it's the apocalypse now they have to rely on the worst pitchers in the world that no one wants and ew Miley things could not be going worse fire people worst team ever they never had a plan this offseason what a joke bring back Doug Melvin something something Brad Woodall.

EDIT OMG JUNIOR GUERRA RIGHT NOW DOING REALLY BAD OH MAN

Oh, lordy the end is nigh for the Brewers rotation how will they ever survive it's the apocalypse now they have to rely on the worst pitchers in the world that no one wants and ew Miley things could not be going worse fire people worst team ever they never had a plan this offseason what a joke bring back Doug Melvin.

Good stuff, even though the bold part made me cringe a bit...

Very happy this is finally coming to and end. Could take or leave Cobb on that contract. I don’t think he’ll help the Orioles much.
"I wish him the best. I hope he finds peace and happiness in his life and is able to enjoy his life. I wish him the best." - Ryan Braun on Kirk Gibson 6/17/14

This seems similar to the o’s signing of Ubaldo Jimenez a couple years ago. Good luck to them. There’s a lot to be concerned about with Cobb, and I’m happy the Brewers are going to (eventually) trust some of their young talent.

Oh, lordy the end is nigh for the Brewers rotation how will they ever survive it's the apocalypse now they have to rely on the worst pitchers in the world that no one wants and ew Miley things could not be going worse fire people worst team ever they never had a plan this offseason what a joke bring back Doug Melvin.

Good stuff, even though the bold part made me cringe a bit...

Ha! Yet Melvin is easily a top 2 GM all time for the Brewers franchise. Right now anyway, DS looking like he should surpass him. And yeah that's not saying much about the other GMs.

"Counsell is stupid, Hader not used right, Bradley shouldn't have been in the lineup...Brewers win!!" - FVBrewerFan - 6/3/21

That's going to be around 17 AAV. He's a depth move anything at that price or more needs to put the Brewers over the top. Maybe with Cobb off the board the trade market will heat up for SP.

This seems similar to the o’s signing of Ubaldo Jimenez a couple years ago. Good luck to them. There’s a lot to be concerned about with Cobb, and I’m happy the Brewers are going to (eventually) trust some of their young talent.

If the Brewers give #4 and #5 to Suter and Woodruff instead of Gallardo and Miley then I will agree.

Not happy. If its 17aav thats 1 mil per higher than I hoped but this could still easily be a bargain. 3 years is low risk in comparison to Darvish. 17aav is low compared to Arrieta. I think he's worth it and we scrooged this one.

Not happy. Didn't someone say he'd sign on the 20th weeks ago? :laughing

Going to need to light some candles at church for this rotation.

Not happy. If its 17aav thats 1 mil per higher than I hoped but this could still easily be a bargain. 3 years is low risk in comparison to Darvish. 17aav is low compared to Arrieta. I think he's worth it and we scrooged this one.

Not happy. Didn't someone say he'd sign on the 20th weeks ago? :laughing

Going to need to light some candles at church for this rotation.

Eh, I have it on good faith (from a mod earlier in this thread even) that you are crazy if you're not happy with this rotation.

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

I’m not sure Cobb is anything but a solid 3 but I can’t believe a team that wants to contend is going into the season with Chacin, Miley, and Woodruff/Suter as our 3-5.

Let’s hope they know something analytics does not.

The longer this thing dragged out, the more I didn't want any part of Mr. Cobb.

My prediction:

Suter is our 4th starter

Woodruff is our 5th starter.

(Please no Miley, Yo)

Nelson and Burnes in the rotation mix by All-Star break.

If Brewers are doing well after All-Star break consider trading for a cost-controlled young starter.

My hopes for the playoffs this season have dimmed somewhat however.

I’m not sure Cobb is anything but a solid 3 but I can’t believe a team that wants to contend is going into the season with Chacin, Miley, and Woodruff/Suter as our 3-5.

Let’s hope they know something analytics does not.

Yeah, the rotation scares the hell out of me. None of the FA SP were perfect but felt like we needed one.

https://twitter.com/Ken_Rosenthal/status/976219401442807808

Ken apparently was told his numbers are off. I agree with him he's probably high. TJseven is going to lose his mind I'm pretty sure...

Lynn and Cobb look to be some serious bargains.

I’d love to know what happened inside our FO after the Cain Yelich deals. Going into a promising season with our OF/1B and that rotation seems to be a real disconnect.

https://twitter.com/Ken_Rosenthal/status/976219401442807808

Ken apparently was told his numbers are off. I agree with him he's probably high. TJseven is going to lose his mind I'm pretty sure...

Lynn and Cobb look to be some serious bargains.

I’d love to know what happened inside our FO after the Cain Yelich deals. Going into a promising season with our OF/1B and that rotation seems to be a real disconnect.

I still think the Brewers had a trade near completion and perhaps there was a miscommunication between trading parties.

Archived