Brewer Fanatic

Brewers re-enact scene from "THE SANDLOT"

This is pretty awesome!

https://www.mlb.com/cut4/watch-the-brewers-reenact-their-favorite-scene-from-the-sandlot/c-269093830

First time I've ever enjoyed Hank the Dog....starring as "The Beast".

It's gonna be fun rooting for these boys!

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
They really did do a nice job with this. As I said in the other post, I'm typically not a big fan of the cutesy social media stuff they post, but this is pretty spot-on and is going to get a lot of people into the team's corner heading into the regular season. This movie holds a soft spot in my heart, too, and its fun to see that major league players appreciate it as well ... even though Brett Phillips wasn't even born until more than a year after it came out. ;)

My only wish is that Tim Dillard had a role...

...in the skit AND with the Major League team.

I get the feeling they have a role for him in mind once he officially hangs up the cleats. But I certainly don't begrudge him wanting to play professional ball as long as possible, and I think it's pretty cool that the Brewers have given him the opportunity to do that. I could see him in a multitude of roles with the team, including radio color guy one day. While his videos are goofy, if you even listen to his podcast, he comes across as very intelligent and baseball-saavy, while not taking himself too seriously.

While you hate to put the cart before the horse, his career path has a lot of similarities to Bob Uecker's.

Wish (partially) granted?

"Counsell is stupid, Hader not used right, Bradley shouldn't have been in the lineup...Brewers win!!" - FVBrewerFan - 6/3/21

...since a lot of minor league teams are doing Sandlot bobbles this year, I was hoping this might mean another special event bobble night for the Brewers!
"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

I get the feeling they have a role for him in mind once he officially hangs up the cleats. But I certainly don't begrudge him wanting to play professional ball as long as possible, and I think it's pretty cool that the Brewers have given him the opportunity to do that. I could see him in a multitude of roles with the team, including radio color guy one day. While his videos are goofy, if you even listen to his podcast, he comes across as very intelligent and baseball-saavy, while not taking himself too seriously.

While you hate to put the cart before the horse, his career path has a lot of similarities to Bob Uecker's.

Good call on the Ueck comparison. Obviously Ueck is a legend, but I'd like to see a similar personality fill his shoes. Sheets and Dillard come to mind.

I saw that the team's official Twitter account deleted the original tweet and video that went viral, and replaced it with a new one. The only change was that the new one doesn't have Vogt singing "The Lion Sleeps Tonight". I assume it must be a copyright issue, as apparently that particular song has had its share of those type of issues in the past. Too bad no one from the Brewers has actually explained what happened, though. You know, because that's kind of their job as social media people.

Oh you were talking about on television.

Unfortunately most rain delayed are longer than 2 minutes, however.

But I agree, if they could just play all the past videos from Tim Dillard's Twitter feed edited together that would be a perfect way to wait out a TV rain delay.

Just when you thought we were done holding on to the Hank thing...out comes a video with Hank. Then again this is the team that glorifies losing the World Series

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Formerly AirShuttle6104

Just when you thought we were done holding on to the Hank thing...out comes a video with Hank. Then again this is the team that glorifies losing the World Series

Yes the Hank thing is a huge deal...need to get rid if him quickly in order to have a successful franchise

OR...

Hank is cute and fun.

Archived