Brewer Fanatic

Alex Cobb (Part 3)

The constant knobbing of HighHeat's posts are what people mean. Begging. Pleading. Is what gets old. The movie quotes were a hilarious answer to the seriousness of all this free agent pitching BS. Relax a bit and enjoy the discussion and witty remarks every once in a while.

I guess I'll [sarcasm]just going to sit back and enjoy the 3 straight days of Brewers TV baseball.[/sarcasm]

:laughing THERE YOU GO!!! PERFECT!! haha I love that.

Haha!!

Sorry, I just want us to add Arrieta or Cobb... That's all.

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haha!!

Rough estimate, but probably 85% of Brewers fans feel the same way. It just gets dicey when you start bringing in how much they cost. Everyone has their breaking point of what they'd like the Brewers to pay for those guys services. We should find out (maybe) soon.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Haha!!

Rough estimate, but probably 85% of Brewers fans feel the same way. It just gets dicey when you start bringing in how much they cost. Everyone has their breaking point of what they'd like the Brewers to pay for those guys services. We should find out (maybe) soon.

Agreed... Yep I hope so!

Now that I realize we're talking about ALEX Cobb and not RANDALL Cobb, the last 57 pages make a little more sense.

Crud, we didn't resurrect Ty Cobb?!?!?!?!?!

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Opening Day cannot get here soon enough.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Opening Day cannot get here soon enough.

Yes, that way our nonsense posts (like this one) and bickering can relocate to the IGT.

Stop me if you heard this before, but I expect one of these guys to sign today. It's Friday, getting into middle of ST. I expect to get a notification on my phone right around beer o'clock that someone signed.

I guess I'll [sarcasm]just going to sit back and enjoy the 3 straight days of Brewers TV baseball.[/sarcasm]

:laughing THERE YOU GO!!! PERFECT!! haha I love that.

Haha!!

Best why did you put sarcasm after using my quote

So, the Brewers a week and a half ago gave Cobb an offer of 3/42. He obviously did not accepte it, but its still on the table and was the highest offer as of a week ago. Brewers will pursue harder if their staff has more injuries or ineffectiveness going forward.

This makes sense, and I figured it was what was happening. Even though that is what was rumored to be turned down back in December from the Cubs, I think that's a fair offer for both sides at this juncture. I'd be surprised if he got a better offer than that at this point, too, unless there's a big injury somewhere.

Hopefully in the future when people are politely skeptical about the source of 'inside' information, others will understand the skepticism of some rather than letting gossip rage like a wildfire every time.

There's a pretty massive yin to this yang that you aren't mentioning. It's all about showing respect for other people, regardless of if your opinion differs or you disagree.

Hopefully in the future when people are politely skeptical about the source of 'inside' information, others will understand the skepticism of some rather than letting gossip rage like a wildfire every time.

There's a pretty massive yin to this yang that you aren't mentioning. It's all about showing respect for other people, regardless of if your opinion differs or you disagree.

I don't disagree with you. I also don't think I was ever deliberately disrespectful to HH. Which was difficult at times when you think someone is full of crap, but I never came out and said that publicly.

I just didn't care for seeing good posters sucked in over and over again by someone just making stuff up for attention who knows no more than you or I.

I'm about to get banned appaerently by the moderators at BF.NET according to their most recent email because I won't be a bf.net minion and be mister good poster.

So, the Brewers a week and a half ago gave Cobb an offer of 3/42. He obviously did not accept it, but its still on the table and was the highest offer as of a week ago. Brewers will pursue harder if their staff has more injuries or ineffectiveness going forward.

Oh.....and BTW. THIS IS ALL MY PERSONAL OPINION. I DON"T HAVE A SOURCE AT ALL. NEVER DID!!!! ;)

Dude or Dudette I don't care. Best of luck to you.

To get back onto Cobb while still touching on the 'insider' thing:

Let's realize right now that we all know that there is a very good chance Alex Cobb will be a Brewer. Like we can all probably guess 3 teams that he could wind up with and we're one of those 3.

I just think this is something we should bear in mind if Cobb does actually sign here so that this stuff does not come up....again. ;)

These guys are signing for bargain basement prices.

I would have loved Lynn for 1/12. Cobb would get something similar I'd think. Pretty easy decision to add him to the Brewers at this point.

Arrieta might be a challenge

I'm confused on why these guys are taking one year deals and setting themselves up for disappointment again next season, competing with the big name FA class. The same class that, I think is holding back spending this off-season.

If I'm the Brewers, as much as I'm not completely sold on Cobb, I'd have to believe a semi-aggressive multi-year deal would look pretty appealing to Cobb right now. Count me in as wanting to put something together for him. 3/40?

I'm confused on why these guys are taking one year deals and setting themselves up for disappointment again next season, competing with the big name FA class. The same class that, I think is holding back spending this off-season.

If I'm the Brewers, as much as I'm not completely sold on Cobb, I'd have to believe a semi-aggressive multi-year deal would look pretty appealing to Cobb right now. Count me in as wanting to put something together for him. 3/40?

Yeah but wouldn't that have happened already? I mean, are these guys getting literally no offers? I can't wait for the postmortem on this off season.

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

Just read on MLBTradeRumors about Stearns saying he's laregly content with the guys we have in the rotation... Yea I truely dont see Cobb being added.

My guess is...

Anderson

Davies

Chacin

Woodruff

Miley

With Jimmy coming back

Why did Jimmy have to dive again??? Otherwise we would be in great shape.

Just read on MLBTradeRumors about Stearns saying he's laregly content with the guys we have in the rotation... Yea I truely dont see Cobb being added.

My guess is...

Anderson

Davies

Chacin

Woodruff

Miley

With Jimmy coming back

Why did Jimmy have to dive again??? Otherwise we would be in great shape.

Until Arrieta and Cobb sign with other teams, I'm going to continue to believe that one of them will be a Brewer. I have a hard time believing that Stearns is happy with the rotation when every time you turn on MLB Network or a baseball podcast, when they mention the Brewers, the first thing they mention is how they need rotation help. Stearns isn't an idiot, so unless he thinks Anderson or Davies is a future Cy Young candidate, he knows they could use another starter.

I do think with Suter's start today, he's a 100% lock for a rotation spot. So that means its between Miley and Woodruff for the last spot if they don't sign anyone. But to be honest, it doesn't matter too much who takes that last spot, because all of them are likely going to be making starts at some point for the team.

Archived