Brewer Fanatic

Alex Cobb (Part 3)

the 3/42 is obviously just HH referring to where i predicted that in the "Brewers Free Agent Prediction Thread" on January 21st.

Huh... I thought he meant that Cobb would sign on March 42nd.

March 20, 2042 is how I read it.

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3/43.

Is this the Price is Right? (Price is Righthander?) What happens if I get within $100?

Doesn't matter how close you are if you're over on the price.

I'm going $1.

"What waa the last bid?"

I'll bid $2.

the 3/42 is obviously just HH referring to where i predicted that in the "Brewers Free Agent Prediction Thread" on January 21st.

Huh... I thought he meant that Cobb would sign on March 42nd.

March 20, 2042 is how I read it.

I think we are missing the bigger picture here. Let's all take a minute to be thankful that the source is no longer in danger and we can, once again, continue to receive the exact same kind of information we received when the source was in danger.

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I think we are missing the bigger picture here. Let's all take a minute to be thankful that the source is no longer in danger and we can, once again, continue to receive the exact same kind of information we received when the source was in danger.

As has been alluded to time and time again, there is really no need to bash, however veiled you think it may be.

I have zero sources but

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

You seem like a decent fellow. I hate to kill you.

You seem like a decent fellow. I hate to die.

Sorry, but I just couldn't leave that line out there hanging like that... ;)

Good heavens, are you still trying to win? You've got an overdeveloped sense of vengeance, that's going to get you in trouble someday.

You seem like a decent fellow. I hate to kill you.

You seem like a decent fellow. I hate to die.

Sorry, but I just couldn't leave that line out there hanging like that... ;)

Good heavens, are you still trying to win? You've got an overdeveloped sense of vengeance, that's going to get you in trouble someday.

I just want you to feel you’re doing well. I hate for people to die embarrassed.

"Don't force him to choose between Chris Smalling and Phil Jones. It's like asking someone to choose between which STD to contract!"

As has been alluded to time and time again, there is really no need to bash, however veiled you think it may be.

I really don't think it's bashing, just playful banter. No different than the ribbing another poster got over the years for promoting a certain lefty pitcher he liked.

Plus, you can expect to get some ribbing when you quit, come back, quit, come back, go to twitter, quit, repeat. I mean, come in and offer what you have to offer, or don't. But all the back and forth drama and demanding everyone agree was/is a bit much.

I really don't think it's bashing, just playful banter. No different than the ribbing another poster got over the years for promoting a certain lefty pitcher he liked.

Plus, you can expect to get some ribbing when you quit, come back, quit, come back, go to twitter, quit, repeat. I mean, come in and offer what you have to offer, or don't. But all the back and forth drama and demanding everyone agree was/is a bit much.

It's not playful banter, though, and entirely different than Clancy's love for certain guys. It's just taking jabs to take jabs. While I agree that the drama is a bit much, the bashing just seems to always lead to more drama. And there is really no reason or means for it.

Let's get back to Alex Cobb, please.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Agreed.

I wonder if the discount contracts over the last 24 hours may tempt some teams previously not "in" on these top free agents to make a play?

I'm thinking the O's will, but I still think the market holds on the SP.

After what we've seen lately, I really think it's all about years for these remaining pitchers, including Cobb. My guess is he's looking for at least 4 years, and nobody is offering more than 3. It should be clear to these guys and their agent that's not going to change.

Sure, as long as The Price Is Right.

I'm so ashamed.

Anyway, the Moustakas deal got my hopes up for a bargain, but then the reality check: there are too many teams waiting for Cobb and Arrieta, among others, to lower their price, and that will keep it from falling too far. Fine with 3/$45ish though.

The most fascinating part about Cobb to me is how differently people interpret his value. Some see possible ace upside if he gets his split-change back. Others see anywhere between an unreliable #3-#4 and another Matt Garza.

I'm intrigued, much moreso than I am with Lynn, but it's not my money or investment. A lot does seem to depend on whether or not be gets his best pitch back.

I'd settle for getting back to Princess Bride Quotes.

EVERYBODY MOVE!!!!

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Archived