Brewer Fanatic

Alex Cobb (Part 3)

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Perhaps he's lowered his demands? Perhaps that's just what the Brewers offered, and he hasn't agreed to anything. At this point, who knows? I'd be happy with that deal, but I'm not going to get my hopes up too far until Attanasio and Stearns have a cheesy press conference announcing it.

I consulted with my friend Occam and he confirmed by suspicions.

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Perhaps he's lowered his demands? Perhaps that's just what the Brewers offered, and he hasn't agreed to anything. At this point, who knows? I'd be happy with that deal, but I'm not going to get my hopes up too far until Attanasio and Stearns have a cheesy press conference announcing it.

I consulted with my friend Occam and he confirmed by suspicions.

LOL, touche sir. Too many assumptions when it comes to this offseason has just made me look like an idiot.

Chatwood looks like a massive overpay now really. Pretty much anyone who was signed in 2017 looks like a massive overpay now.

It's just a perfect storm. Awfully hard to have that kind of foresight in Mid-December.

Man, why did HH have to leave us hanging like this!!

I need to know more.

Know what? There's nothing to know at this point. Maybe that will change in the next few weeks.

Could change but Stearns was pretty adamant that at this point he anticipates heading into 2018 with this group.

I need to know more.

Know what? There's nothing to know at this point. Maybe that will change in the next few weeks.

Could change but Stearns was pretty adamant that at this point he anticipates heading into 2018 with this group.

So you not wondering what the 3/42 that HH posted means?

Chatwood looks like a massive overpay now really. Pretty much anyone who was signed in 2017 looks like a massive overpay now.

It's just a perfect storm. Awfully hard to have that kind of foresight in Mid-December.

Oh yeah, I get that. I'm just saying, teams that gave out 3-4 year deals for 15M a year back in December who are seeing similar players go for 1 year/5-6M are kicking themselves now.

I need to know more.

So you not wondering what the 3/42 that HH posted means?

No, not really, but I'll certainly tip my hat to him if he ends up calling it.

I need to know more.

Playing hardball in my mind and keeping a united front. Stearns would sign or trade for a SP in a heartbeat if it is the right fit.

I need to know more.

Aren’t you tired of this yet? If HH19 nails it, great. We will all crack a beer. But man, just chill a bit.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I need to know more.

Aren’t you tired of this yet? If HH19 nails it, great. We will all crack a beer. But man, just chill a bit.

I totally respect everyone's right to believe what they want. I just find it a bit silly that we pine to message board posters for information but when our own GM literally says we have nothing in the works and probably no more big moves coming, we just dismiss it.

Myself, I'm a bit tired of the gossip train, between message boards and Twitter these last 2 months have personally felt like baseball's version of the National Enquirer. Stearns has even admitted that things have floated around out there this offseason even more so than in others that have absolutely no basis in fact and just leaves him scratching his head wondering how it even started. Makes me wonder how much of that originated here. We should be better than that.

My personal opinion is that Stearns has a lot of faith in Derek Johnson to revive the careers of Miley and Guerra, while he also remains open to adding a starter if the right player becomes available at his price.

I need to know more.

I totally respect everyone's right to believe what they want. I just find it a bit silly that we pine to message board posters for information but when our own GM literally says we have nothing in the works and probably no more big moves coming, we just dismiss it.

Myself, I'm a bit tired of the gossip train, between message boards and Twitter these last 2 months have personally felt like baseball's version of the National Enquirer.

My personal opinion is that Stearns has a lot of faith in Derek Johnson to revive the careers of Miley and Guerra, while he also remains open to adding a starter if the right player becomes available at his price.

You really think Stearns is gonna tip his hand in an interview? Come on.

You really think Stearns is gonna tip his hand in an interview? Come on.

I don't expect him to actively discuss a potentially imminent move, no.

I also don't expect him to feel the need to discuss on how many hot stove rumors that have left him completely baffled this offseason if 90% of them haven't been completely made up crap.

I need to know more.

I get that you are excited, but I think in everyone's best interest you need to just chill. Whatever happen will happen, but begging for more info isn't going to get anyone anywhere at this point. And I doubt there is anymore info to be had.

I have zero sources but I find it is inconceivable that they don't end up with on of the 3 pitchers. We can find something to occupy our time until then.

They absolutely would not have picked up those outfielders otherwise.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

You seem like a decent fellow. I hate to kill you.

You seem like a decent fellow. I hate to die.

Sorry, but I just couldn't leave that line out there hanging like that... ;)

I need to know more.

I get that you are excited, but I think in everyone's best interest you need to just chill. Whatever happen will happen, but begging for more info isn't going to get anyone anywhere at this point. And I doubt there is anymore info to be had.

Well said, thank you.

Archived