Brewer Fanatic

Alex Cobb (Part 3)

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have resigned myself, especially after listening to Stearns on MLB Network Radio today, that the Brewers are looking at Miley/Guerra/Suter as holdovers in the rotation until Nelson, Burnes, Woodruff and Peralta are ready to join the rotation. While I think just bringing in Cobb would enable the Brewers to stay in the playoff race and that by running a combination of those players in the #4 and #5 spots the Brewers playoff chances in 2018 will be remote, I understand the small market mentality. I hope their assessment is correct and will enable the Brewers to retain those players they deem building blocks in the future.

This is a rumors main thread, why cant I post what I see?

It doesn’t do the board any good. It creates a stir really over nothing. Can you not see that after you do it? I’m a social studies teacher and if my students used the quality of sources that you try to use, they would spend extra time redoing their assignments.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

It’s not though. There is literally nothing left to say about Cobb. There hasn’t been a fresh perspective in a long, long while.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Because there is a notion of a legitimate rumor versus filling up the thread with every random, know nothing tweet. Just because you see it doesn't mean it has one ounce of validity.

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

As of today you can. Hopefully that changes soon. There is a difference between a rumor and a joke. Also, this. We get already you're excited about Cobb. Please wait until something legit comes out one way or the other. Please?

Majora Leaguea Baseballa

Is that supposed to be a bad Hispanic accent?

I think it's supposed to sound like somebody who has no idea how to speak Spanish, trying to speak Spanish. So a little different but sort of.

This is probably more legit:

Chris Larson

@Chris_Larson25

11h11 hours ago

More

Just heard on MLB Network Radio that the #Phillies, #Brewers, and #Orioles are the 3 teams acting the most aggressively to try and sign Alex Cobb. #HotStove #SpringTraining #MLB

Phillies should get him. They went after it with Arrieta and there’s not much after he and Nola.

I will add that there is a difference between a rumor and someone just making something up. Posting rumors from legitimate sources is fine - but unverified stuff is just a recipe for disaster.

Who cares? It's entertainment at this point, everyone listened to High heat like he was the gospel, mods did nothing about it when they knew about it, and a guy gets flamed at because he shares one tweet? Seems a little hypocritical to call him out for something like that. No one knows anything until Cobb actually signs, so let the fun ensue.

So we shouldn’t learn from past mistakes? Got it.

What difference does it make? Just answer that question.

This thread is 66 pages long, and everything thus far is speculation. Do I want the Brewers to sign Cobb? Yes. No one has posted anything with any continuity to it, and no one will until he signs. Everyones opinion has been said. Who cares? It's just entertainment, like I said at this point.

1. Majora leaguea baseballa.... sounds like the Trade Federation characters in The Phantom Menace.

2. I can't imagine why anyone in Cobb's position would give serious thought to Baltimore. They're not very good and very possibly a year (or less) from losing their current best player, and their best reliever's injured (again). There's really not much (externally, player-acquisition-wise) they've spent big money on in recent years that's worked out well. Cobb's already spent plenty of time on an AL East team that's spent most of its seasons looking up at the division's heavyweights, and realistically Baltimore's not in any great position to improve their standings-based view of those teams meaningfully anytime soon..... Doesn't mean he won't sign there, though I'd think if he does, this would be more about going for the most money rather than to a good team with a better chance to win.

Archived