Brewer Fanatic

MILB Spring Lineups thread

Ray is currently playing in the Cactus League game vs Cincinnati.

I see that. I still think Ray can bounce back, but having a normal injury-free camp is the first step.

Todays lineups, Ray in there again. Fantastic to see Kirby getting a start. Also so far, it seems a majority of players are playing at the level I'd expect them at to open the season. That's not always true, and Carmona is certainly not going to open in AA, but for the most part these lineups seem a reasonable projection for 2018 affiliate assignments in my opinion.

DYgDJKXUQAA9XXv.jpg

Todays lineups, Ray in there again. Fantastic to see Kirby getting a start. Also so far, it seems a majority of players are playing at the level I'd expect them at to open the season. That's not always true, and Carmona is certainly not going to open in AA, but for the most part these lineups seem a reasonable projection for 2018 affiliate assignments in my opinion.

I think you're going to see a fair amount of bumping guys down. There's a decent chance that the only AAA opening day starter currently in minor league camp is Dubon.

Broxton, Phillips and Wren could open in Colorado Springs. That could bump Coulter, Taylor and Davis to AA, and Grisham and Ray to A+ and Orimoloye to A. Franklin and Orf could bump Allemand and Noriega to AA. Hiura could bump Hairston to A.

I am only seeing three position players who didn't either play on the major league side yesterday or in one of the lineups the last two days, Mario Feliciano, Nathan Rodriguez and Javier Betancourt, and given that catchers seem to get shuffled to the big league side often, the former two might just be that.

I think you're going to see a fair amount of bumping guys down. There's a decent chance that the only AAA opening day starter currently in minor league camp is Dubon.

Broxton, Phillips and Wren could open in Colorado Springs. That could bump Coulter, Taylor and Davis to AA, and Grisham and Ray to A+ and Orimoloye to A. Franklin and Orf could bump Allemand and Noriega to AA. Hiura could bump Hairston to A.

I am only seeing three position players who didn't either play on the major league side yesterday or in one of the lineups the last two days, Mario Feliciano, Nathan Rodriguez and Javier Betancourt, and given that catchers seem to get shuffled to the big league side often, the former two might just be that.

At a second glance I think you are right, especially with the outfielders. But erceg for example I expect to open in aa, and Nottingham in aaa, lutz in a ball, Carroll in high a, medeiros in aa. We'll see, always exciting to see the initial assignments.

Is there anywhere to find minor league spring training box scores?

Not that I'm aware of, but if you follow @BrewersPD...they provide some highlights.

Yeah, I've been looking, but no luck. Thanks!

As shown above, Keston Hiura batted 3rd for Biloxi yesterday. It would certainly be an aggressive assignment if he started the season in Double-A, but it seems like his bat could be ready for that jump. I have assumed high-A was a more likely starting point for him this season because of the defensive development needed, but on second thought I am not sure how much level matters since you are going to get similar defensive reps regardless.

Obviously the Brewers do jockey players around these lineups during Spring Training, so it may not mean anything. Still, I like the looks of that Biloxi lineup with Hiura in it.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Basically, if a guy is routinely playing three levels higher than where he finished last year, it is a good sign that he is probably ticketed for one of the rookie league squads and is just filling a hole in the lineup caused by someone being in big league camp (see Thomas, Sibrian, Coca, Martinez, Lujano and likely Carmona, although the fact he had been with the Wisconsin squad the two previous days at least gives me a little pause).

Yeah I figured -- also I was referring to the other day when he was actually with Biloxi, not the intersquad games today. Thanks for the insight guys, guess I never paid much attention to spring training farm games before.

Basically, if a guy is routinely playing three levels higher than where he finished last year, it is a good sign that he is probably ticketed for one of the rookie league squads and is just filling a hole in the lineup caused by someone being in big league camp (see Thomas, Sibrian, Coca, Martinez, Lujano and likely Carmona, although the fact he had been with the Wisconsin squad the two previous days at least gives me a little pause).

Carmona better start in Wisco. Unleash the kid! #10 on my list :-)

Archived