Brewer Fanatic

BF.net Fan Community Top 25 Prospects Poll - 2018 Pre-Season Edition - Voting is closed

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Ladies and Gentlemen, we would like to invite everyone to take part in the 2018 Pre-Season BF.net Fan Community Top 25 Prospects voting.

This will be our 12th community poll!

Please take time and submit on this thread your top 25 Brewer prospects. Feel free to list any resources or news that you feel might help people with their voting.

Voting is open, and concludes on Wednesday, March 28, which will give everyone two weeks to vote. There may still be some roster moves made in the next couple of weeks that affect your list - even after you’ve posted it - which is okay. Just go back and hit the ‘edit’ option on your post and do the updates. You can change your votes at anytime through March 28.

RULES

1. Submit your Top 25 prospects, in order, by end of day on March 28. Put the player's full name to avoid any confusion (such as Devin Williams and Taylor Williams). Numbering them is helpful - but not essential. Also, please list your players from #1 to #25.

2. You MUST submit 25 prospects. If there are only 10 or 15 or whatever, your list will not be included.

3. You are encouraged to go beyond pick #25 - adding a few more is great. That way if someone in your top 25 is traded or released, or if you mistakenly miss a number (not uncommon), or list a guy twice, or whatever, I can just bump up your next player(s) into the Top 25.

4. Rankings are determined by total points. The top prospect gets 25 points, second prospect gets 24 points, etc.

4. As noted above, if you submit your list and want to change something, just add the change to the thread. I'll accept changes up to the deadline.

5. Within a week or so after the deadline, we'll publish the new BF.net Community Top 25.

Eligibility guidelines:

Rookie eligibility is determined by the same standards as MLB:

“A player shall be considered a rookie unless, during a previous season or seasons, he has (a) exceeded 130 at-bats or 50 innings pitched in the Major Leagues; or (b) accumulated more than 45 days on the active roster of a Major League club or clubs during the period of 25-player limit (excluding time in the military service and time on the disabled list).”

- Ineligible players: Josh Hader

- Eligible players with ML experience: Brandon Woodruff, Tyler Webb, Jorge Lopez, Adrian Houser, Brett Phillips, Aaron Wilkerson, Taylor Williams

Player notes:

- Trent Clark is now known as Trent Grisham

- Lewis Brinson, Isan Diaz, Monte Harrison, Jordan Yamamoto, Yadiel Rivera, David Goforth, Sean Nolin, Wei-Chung Wang, Michael Reed and Yhonathan Barrios are notable names that are no longer with the organization.

Prospect Rankings:

Baseball Prospectus Top 101: https://www.baseballprospectus.com/prospects/article/37535/baseball-prospectus-top-101-prospects-2018-top-mlb-prospects-ronald-acuna-victor-robles-vladimir-guerrero-jr-eloy-jimenez/

Baseball Prospects Brewer Top 10: https://www.baseballprospectus.com/prospects/article/34948/2018-prospects-milwaukee-brewers-top-10-prospects-lewis-brinson-monte-harrison-keston-hiura-rankings/

MLB Pipeline Top 100: http://m.mlb.com/prospects/2018?list=prospects

MLB Pipeline Top 30 Brewers: http://m.mlb.com/prospects/2018?list=mil

MinorLeagueBall.com Top 20 Brewers: https://www.minorleagueball.com/2018/2/21/17038344/milwaukee-brewers-top-20-prospects-for-2018

Fangraphs Top 100: https://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/2018-top-100-prospects/

Fangraphs Top 30 Brewers: https://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/top-30-prospects-milwaukee-brewers/

Previous Polls:

BF.net 2017 Post-Season Top 25 - viewtopic.php?f=64&t=36082

BF.net 2017 Mid-Season Top 25 - viewtopic.php?f=64&t=35723

BF.net 2017 Pre-Season Top 25 - viewtopic.php?f=64&t=35089

BF.net 2016 Post-Season Top 25 - viewtopic.php?f=64&t=34747

BF.net 2016 Mid-Season Top 25 - viewtopic.php?f=64&t=34472

BF.net 2016 Pre-Season Top 25 - viewtopic.php?f=64&t=33867

BF.net 2015 Post-Season Top 25 - viewtopic.php?f=64&t=33436

BF.net 2015 Mid-Season Top 25 - viewtopic.php?f=64&t=33032

BF.net 2015 Pre-Season Top 25 - viewtopic.php?f=64&t=32447

BF.net August 2014 Top 25 - viewtopic.php?f=64&t=31859

BF.net May 2014 Top 20 - viewtopic.php?f=64&t=31355

Please note that we reserve the right to throw out ballots if we feel that the voting was done without following the rules or spirit of the exercise.

Thanks for participating!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Folks, I'm going to ask two things of everyone for voting.

1. Do NOT exclude a player from your rankings just because you think he's going to go past the eligibility requirements in the future. This is especially true for Brandon Woodruff and Brett Phillips.

In the past, we'll have people say something like, "Well, I'm not voting for ABC Player because he won't be a rookie in a month."

Please DON'T do that. If a player is eligible - then included them in your vote.

We will toss ballots that don't play by these rules.

2. Do not mock or belittle other people's votes. If you want to say something - be polite in your disagreement or incredulity.

Thanks.

OK, I'll take a stab at this. I think you'll see on my list a preference for players closer to Big League-ready:

1. Keston Hiura - 2B - showing in Spring Training how special he could be. He's going to be a quick riser

2. Brett Phillips - OF - love his defense and makeup. Hard to believe he's still only 23.

3. Brandon Woodruff - RHP - he is MLB ready and IMO should be in the rotation. I see him as the next Jimmy Nelson, just hopefully getting the results sooner.

4. Luis Ortiz - RHP - I am still extremely high on him, and think he's going to have a breakout year. Love the stuff and potential.

5. Corbin Burnes - RHP - I like him, but not as much as a lot of others here do. I hope he proves me wrong and nails that #2 starter prediction.

6. Mauricio Dubon - 2B - Slick glove and underrated bat. He could be the reason the team didn't go after Neil Walker in FA. Team will have an issue when both he and Hiura are knocking on the MLB door in August.

7. Taylor Williams - RHP - His stuff is absolutely electric. If he isn't in the MLB pen to start 2018, they are making a mistake.

8. Lucas Erceg - 3B - It is so nice having a legitimate high-end 3B prospect in the system for once.

9. Corey Ray - OF - Time to rebuild that value, buddy. Potential currency for a deadline addition.

10. Adrian Houser - RHP - Another MLB-ready pitcher with great stuff. If he pans out, man that Gomez trade is awesome. It actually already is.

11. Tristen Lutz - OF - My first baby on the list. But watching him play does bring to mind Mike Trout. Not a bad comparison.

12. Trent Grisham - OF - Even with the trade of Brinson and Harrison, this system is still loaded with talented outfielders.

13. Jacob Nottingham - C - He is going to tear things up offensively in Colorado Springs, firmly establishing himself at the Brewers' catcher of the future.

14. Troy Stokes - OF - I rest my case. This team is very rich in OF currency.

15. Cody Ponce - RHP - He screams middle-of-rotation workhorse. Those types are very valuable.

16. Phil Bickford - RHP - I still really like him as a potential middle rotation starter. Gotta get his velocity back up, though.

17. Jake Gatewood - 1B - The fact that he is so far down is a testament to how deep the system is. He has absolute stud potential if he can cut down on the swings and misses.

18. Freddy Peralta - RHP - I see him as a bullpen piece without overwhelming stuff. Still valuable, but not as great as other have him.

19. Kodi Medeiros - LHP - Brewers are being aggressive in his placement. Hopefully he shines and makes a move.

20. Bubba Derby - RHP - He's been overlooked, but is still young and just continues to get results. Now is one step away from the majors. I think he at least turns into an important bullpen piece for the Brewers.

21. Nate Kirby - LHP - It's time for you to shine, sir. Hopefully he is finally healthy and able to live up to his high draft status.

22. Jorge Lopez - RHP - Has the tools to be a shutdown late-inning reliever if he can put it together.

23. KJ Harrison - C - Nice hit tool. Hopefully he can stick at catcher.

24. Trey Supak - RHP - #2-3 starter potential down this low in the rankings is awesome.

25. Jon Perrin - RHP - Always a place for crafty pitchers. This guy will be a Big League starter somewhere, someday, because he knows how to pitch.

Honorable Mentions:

26. Kyle Wren - OF

27. Chad McClanahan - 3B/OF

28. Je'Von Ward - OF

29. Marcos Diplan - RHP

30. Caden Lemons - RHP

1. 2B Kestion Hiura-It's crazy how advanced his bat his. Great showing so far this spring. Fast riser.

2. P Corbin Burnes-Not over powering or flashy. Just plain knows how to pitch.

3. OF Tristen Lutz-Glad I'm the only one to see a little Mike Trout in him.

4. P Brandon Woodruff-Solid #3.

5. P Taylor Williams-Great stuff. Looks like a potential mainstay in the pen starting this year.

6. 3B Lucas Erceg-Fun player to watch and root for after reading his story of getting to pro baseball. S

7. P Luis Ortiz-Should bounce back after a down year last season.

8. P Freddy Peralta-Possibly over hyped? Another great year should solidify him as a top prospect.

9. OF Brett Phillips-Great defender. Could be great if his small sample size in MIL is legit.

10. P Adrian Houser-Excited to see him pitch a full season.

11. OF Troy Stokes Jr.-Big things come in small packages.

12. OF Trent Grisham-Gets on base. Nothing special other than that.

13. P Josh Pennington-Poor mans Tyler Thornburg

14. P Caden Lemons-Tall, lanky and throws heat. Great long term project and will be developed slowly.

15. 1B Jake Gatewood-Still have faith his bat will come around. Will be given a lot of opportunities due to the lack of 1B prospects.

16. P Kodi Medeiros-Move to the bullpen could help his career.

17. P Phil Bickford-He's back! If he can stay on the field, he could be a fast mover.

18. C KJ Harrison-Excited to see what he can do in his full season debut.

19. P Cody Ponce-Improving, but still average.

20. C Jacob Nottingham-Maybe this is the year?

21. P Trey Supak-Big bodied pitcher who shown flashes but needs to be more consistent

22. C Mario Feliciano-Aggressively placed last season and held his own.

23. P Marcos Diplan-Small frame may force him into relief role

24. OF Corey Ray-Still young, but losing hope.

25. IF Mauricio Dubon-Career UTL player.

26. P Jorge Lopez

27. P Carlos Herrera

28. P Brendan Murphy

29. OF Larry Ernesto

30. 3B Weston Wilson

1. Keston Hiura

2. Corbin Burnes

3. Tristen Lutz

4. Luis Ortiz

5. Trent Grisham

6. Brandon Woodruff

7. Mauricio Dubon

8. Freddy Peralta

9. Lucas Erceg

10. Brett Phillips

11. Corey Ray

12. Taylor Williams

13. Adrian Houser

14. Jacob Nottingham

15. Mario Feliciano

16. Marcos Diplan

17. KJ Harrison

18. Kodi Medeiros

19. Jean Carmona

20. Caden Lemons

21. Gabriel Garcia

22. Tyler Webb

23. Phil Bickford

24. Cooper Hummell

25. Nathan Kirby

26. Nate Orf

27. Kyle Wren

28. Payton Henry

29. Antonio Pinero

30. Carlos Herrera

This is really, really hard. There are a ton of prospects in the 20-35 range who could go in any order really. And so much depends on how you rate floor vs ceiling, proximity to majors, age etc. I really don't know where to put Orf and Wren for instance, who are close to the majors but seem unlikely to ever be more than backups. Likewise the recently injured pitchers like T. Williams, Houser, Kirby, Bickford, Pennington; big range of potential outcomes. Could be some of the best players in the system, or far far from it. Which is why I suppose the crowdsource method works; people will prioritize differently and the aggregate will be fairly accurate.

1. Freddy Peralta

2. Keston Hiura

3. Lucas Erceg

4. Corbin Burnes

5. Brandon Woodruff

6. Tristen Lutz

7. Brett Phillips

8. Luis Ortiz

9. Taylor Williams

10. Mario Feliciano

11. Mauricio Dubon

12. Trent Grisham

13. Gabriel Garcia

14. Caden Lemons

15. Carlos Herrera

16. Phil Bickford

17. Jacob Nottingham

18. KJ Harrison

19. Jake Gatewood

20.Cody Ponce

21. Troy Stokes

22. Trey Supak

23. Jon Perrin

24. Corey Ray

25. Carlos Luna

1. Burnes

2. Huira

3. Woodruff

4. Peralta

5. Lutz

6. Ortiz

7. T. Williams

8. Phillips

9. Grisham

10. Carmona

11. Nottingham

12. Ponce

13. Erceg

14. Houser

15. Feliciano

16. Dubon

17. Perrin

18. Gatewood

19. Garcia

20. Herrera

21. Kirby

22. Diplan

23. Supak

24. Derby

25. Ray

1. Burnes

2. Hiura

3. Woodruff

4. L. Ortiz

5. F. Peralta

6. Dubon

7. Phillips

8. Erceg

9. Grisham

10. Lutz

11. Ray

12. Nottingham

13. Gatewood

14. Feliciano

15. KJ Harrison

16. Ponce

17. Diplan

18. Carmona

19. L. Ernesto

20. Medeiros

21. Lopez

22. Ward

23. T. Williams

24. Houser

25. Bickford

In parantheses mid-season rank from last year (not a big post season ranking guy, since data doesn't change that much from midseason to postseason)

1. (3) 2B-Keston Hiura-Nothing really to add, we all know this kid is the real deal hitting.

2. (8) SP-Corbin Burnes-He always was dictating the opposing players at bat, only a matter of time.

3. (4) SP-Brandon Woodruff-Has the arsenal, just needs to keep ironing out his mechanics.

4. (5) SP-Luis Ortiz-Again the stuff is there, but we need to actually see a body of work from Luis this season.

5. (9) OF-Brett Phillips-Was all ready to see him this year as a super fourth outfielder behind all right handed bats…then we traded for Yelich and signed Cain. The path isn’t as easy now, unless Santana is traded.

6. (11) SP-Freddy Peralta-Nasty out pitches, just better command stands in the way of him being a future big league starter.

7. (10) 3B-Lucas Erceg-Just that pretty lefty swing, could watch it all day.

8. (7) OF-Corey Ray-As I said in the midseason list last year will give him the benefit of the doubt coming off of his injury last year but he won’t be this high on my midseason list if he isn’t producing this year.

9. (14) RP-Taylor Williams-Was disappointed we never signed an 8th inning guy this offseason, but now wouldn’t be surprised if Taylor is that guy at some point this season.

10. (18) OF-Tristen Lutz-I think it is worth mentioning again as I did last year, some scouts in the Brewers draft room were clamoring for the Brewers to take him at 9.

11. (12) C-Jacob Nottingham-Championed for him last season even if his surface hitting stats weren’t pretty but I saw underlying improvements (K rate dropping BB rate slightly up). He also improved drastically behind the dish. Looking at a couple of the lists here, looks like he might be moving back up the top 25.

12. (20) SP-Cody Ponce

13. (15) UTIL-Mauricio Dubon

14. (19) SP-Kodi Mederios

15. (16) OF-Trent Grisham

16. (17) SP-Marcos Diplan

17. (NR) C/1B-KJ Harrison

18. (NR) SP-Adrian Houser-Just going off of AFL helium

19. (NR) SP-Carlos Herrera

20. (23) C-Mario Feliciano

21. (22) SP-Trey Supak

22. (NR) OF-Troy Stokes, Jr.

23. (24) SP-Jon Perrin

24. (21) 1B-Jacob Gatewood

25. (25) RP-Jorge Lopez

(1) OF-Lewis Brinson (Traded) (2) RP-Josh Hader (Graduated) (6) 2B-Isan Diaz (Traded) (13) OF-Monte Harrison (Traded)

For reference, here was my post-season ballot:

viewtopic.php?p=1066884#p1066884

Number in parenthesis was their position on that ballot

1. RHP Corbin Burnes (1) - Dominated in 2017. Breakthrough prospects and potential TOR guy.

2. OF Troy Stokes (2) - Will be at AAA in 2018, but no need to rush the young player. Could be a home-grown Yelich

3. RHP Brandon Woodruff (3) - His floor is Matt Garza 2016. Likely #5 starter to open the season.

4. OF Trent Grisham (Clark) (6) - Best OBP skills in the system with the losses of Diaz and Michael Reed

5. 3B Dallas Carroll (5) - Looks like a Jeff Cirillo clone. Like that professional hitter.

6. IF Keston Hiura (14) - Spring training has me intrigued.

7. RHP Taylor Williams (NR) - Could be right-handed version of Hader in pen.

8. LHP Drake Owenby (33) - Big jump, but I like his 1.062 WHIP, 11.63 K/9, and 3.32 ERA.

9. RHP Bubba Derby (12) - 3.55 ERA at Colorado Springs in 12 starts is Suter-esque sign of potential as a starter

10. C/IF Gabriel Garcia (8) - Bat is not a fluke, and versatile. Would like to see him behind the plate

11. OF Brett Phillips (5) - .799 OPS in limited action in Milwaukee, but now back in AAA

12. RHP Jon Perrin (10) - Rebounded near the end of the season to post solid numbers

13. SS/3B/1B Jake Gatewood (15) - Put it together, but where does he play?

14. 3B Lucas Erceg (16) - The power is there, but what else?

15. LHP Cody Beckman (34) - 11.39 K per 9IP, 3.38 ERA

16. 1B Ernesto Wilson Martinez (17) - 14 of 36 hits went for extra bases, but what had my attention was 36 BB in 155 ABs

17. OF Tristen Lutz (21) - Showed some big numbers at Arizona, but I've been burned before by Rookie League success

18. C Cooper Hummel (22) - He's got OBP skills, pop, and he's a swith-hitter,

19. C KJ Harrison (19) - Could be the best Brewers C since Lucroy

20. OF Jay Feliciano (18) - Looks like a raw power bat

21. RHP Cody Ponce (20) - Solid season, but others have more results or are closer.

22. RHP Freddy Peralta (23) - Not bad, but is he a starter or reliever?

23. RHP Luis Ortiz (24) - Could rise or fall based on graduations and his performance

24. RHP Angel Ventura (NR) - Another guy who posted solid numbers at Colorado Springs

25. LHP Nick Ramirez (25) - A left-handed toolshed.

26. IF Nate Orf (NR) - Versatile, good OBP skills. Bench asset

27. UT Weston Wilson (27) - Showed versatility and kept his bat decent despite shuffling between Appleton and Carolina

28. 1B Ronnie Gideon (28) - 2017 was first full season of pro ball, and he was part-time in college. 2018 could tell the tale

29. C Payton Henry (31) - Looks like a 3TO bat

30. C Josh Nottingham (32) - I don't dislike some of his numbers, but Garcia, KJ Harrison, Henry and Hummel look to be better catching prospects based on their offensive stats.

31. RHP Nate Griep (30) - Potential closer

32. OF Corey Ray (29) - Make or break year.

33. OF Tyrone Taylor (NR) - Couple of big spring training homers... but injury-riddled past has 2018 as make or break

34. OF Demi Orimoloye (35) - Also in make-or-break mode.

35. LHP Brad Kuntz (NR) - Future bullpen asset.

1. Brandon Woodruff: Top three are pretty interchangeable to my mind, but I'll stick with Woodruff here.

2. Keston Hiura: Here's hoping the glove doesn't slow the bat

3. Corbin Burnes: Another season of that caliber, and he'll either be on top of this list or off it from having exhausted his rookie eligibility.

4. Luis Ortiz: I'll buy the working on his changeup excuse, for now.

5. Freddy Peralta: Man that strikeout rate is impressive.

6. Brett Phillips: Blocked, but when he gets his chance needs to prove that the hit tool will play, because everything else looks good.

7. Tristen Lutz: Great start, but has to shine above rookie ball to be any higher than this.

8. Lucas Erceg: Strong finish. Might take a little longer than it looked in spring training last year, though.

9. Trent Grisham: Would be higher if he was better in center. Could be rookie year Aoki type eventually

10. Corey Ray: Tools shouldn't be ignored, but few college draft picks have those types of struggles and make a significant big league impact.

11. Mauricio Dubon: Kind of the between tier guy. Too little upside for the top tier, higher floor than the non-relievers below him.

12. Zack Brown: I fully realize that this will likely be his highest ranking, possibly by a great deal, but I think he's the most likely Wisconsin or Carolina pitcher to break through this year. I know, small sample size, but for a guy who's been given some control red flags, the 23:2 strikeout to walk ratio to close the year in Carolina is pretty impressive.

13. Mario Feliciano: Might take a few years, but my favorite of the catching prospects

14. Taylor Williams: I'm slowly learning to value relievers more

15. Adrian Houser: A step behind Williams, but I think he can be a strong bullpen piece.

16. Marcos Diplan: Has to bounce back

17. Kodi Medeiros: The news he's almost certainly ticketed for AA bumps him up a couple of spots.

18. Cody Ponce: Solid, but still feels vaguely underwhelming

19. Jacob Nottingham: Hopefully last season's progress continues (and the stats start matching the peripheral progress)

20. Jake Gatewood: He got the improvement that was needed to stay on the radar, but more is needed

21. Troy Stokes Jr.: Still somewhat skeptical, but the performance has been there

22. Trey Supak: The scouting reports saying the raw power stuff never really developed are a bit disconcerting

23. Braden Webb: A real nice finish last year for a guy who had less experience coming in than your typical college arm

24. Carlos Herrera: If he continues to progress, that Lind trade could look even better

25. Jon Perrin: At some point, results matter, and all Perrin has done is put together results

26. Phil Bickford: The longer the offseason goes, the more the negative reports from instructs convince me to drop him

27. Josh Pennington: Might move him back in if his name shows up in a spring box score, but the injuries are becoming a concern

28. Bubba Derby

29. Caden Lemons

30. Jorge Lopez

1 Woodruff B

2 Hiura K

3 Burnes C

4 Peralta F

5 Ortiz L

6 Phillips B

7 Erceg L

8 Williams T

9 Houser A

10 Ponce C

11 Bickford P

12 Lutz T

13 Grisham T

14 Dubon M

15 Medeiros K

16 Ray C

17 Gatewood J

18 Stokes T

19 Feliciano M

20 Diplan M

21 Pennington J

22 Supak T

23 Brown Z

24 Webb B

25 Harrison KJ

26 Wilkerson A (I'd have him higher, but I don't think they will give him a chance)

27 Nottingham J

28 Perrin J

29 Kirby N

30 Carmona J

31 Herrera C

32 Ramirez N

33 Derby B

34 Lemons K

35 Ernesto L

36 Clark Z

37 Lopez J

38 Henry P

39 Garcia G

40 Owenby D

41 Hummel C

42 Vassalotti M

43 Wren K

44 Uhen J

45 Rodriguez C

46 QT-C

47 Coulter C

48 Neuhaus T

49 Wilson W

50 Williams D

Very little difference between 7 and 12, then a dropoff but very little difference between 13 and 31.

1. Hiura

2. Burnes

3. Lutz

4. Ortiz

5. Woodruff

6. Peralta

7. Phillips

8. Erceg

9. Medeiros

10. Dubon

11. Ray

12. Grisham

13. Nottingham

14. Herrera

15. Gatewood

16. T Williams

17. Feliciano

18. Diplan

19. Carmona

20. Houser

21. Harrison

22. Lemons

23. Kirby

24. Webb

25. Henry

26. Bickford

27. Stokes

28. Ponce

29. Ernesto

30. Garcia

1. Keston Hiura

2. Brandon Woodruff

3. Corbin Burnes

4. Luis Ortiz

5. Brett Phillips

6. Freddy Peralta

7. Troy Stokes

8. Trent Grisham

9. Tristen Lutz

10. Lucas Erceg

11. Mauricio Dubon

12. Jake Gatewood

13. Corey Ray

14. Adrian Houser

15. Taylor Williams

16. Marcos Diplan

17. Cody Ponce

18. Jean Carmona

19. Jacob Nottingham

20. Gabriel Garcia

21. Trey Supak

22. Mario Feliciano

23. Kodi Medeiros

24. KJ Harrison

25. Caden Lemons

26. Josh Pennington

27. Larry Ernesto

28. Aaron Wilkerson

29. Zack Brown

30. Carlos Herrera

1. Corbin Burnes - Coming off an outstanding 2017, this is the top pitching prospect in the system and my #1 overall.

2. Brett Phillips - Surfaced in Milwaukee last season and had a good September. Good all around outfielder.

3. Brandon Woodruff - I really hope he makes the team out of camp over Gallardo/Miley/Guerra.

4. Freddy Peralta - Rising fast, he could be in Milwaukee soon.

5. Keston Hiura - Man can he hit, if he can play in the field he'll be number 1 soon.

6. Lucas Erceg - Disappointing last year in Carolina, I think he'll have a big rebound year.

7. Jacob Gatewood - Finally starting to live up to the potential

8. Trent Grisham - still very young, great eye at the plate, he'll be on a major league roster somewhere next year

9. Kyle Wren - probably blocked here, he needs to get a shot with someone

10. Mauricio Dubon - Could see him soon, if Villar isn't the answer at 2nd base

11. Luis Ortiz

12. Taylor Williams

13. Jon Perrin

14. Cody Ponce

15. Tristen Lutz

16. Aaron Wilkerson

17. Troy Stokes

18. Trey Supak

19. Ernesto Martinez

20. Josh Pennington