Brewer Fanatic

Neil Walker to the Yankees (1 yr, $4M guaranteed, $500K incentives)

And That
In my opinion Stearns is leaving to many potential holes. 2B could be a giant hole and the rotation could be a black hole real easily. Catcher is a big concern to me too.

For anyone who says “July 31st” well the season is reaching the last third by then and you had 2/3 of suck which costs a lot of wins. That could eat your postseason hopes up. We are not a powerhouse. We need every win we can scrape up. We will be retooling for a push for a playoff spot. Not positioning for a better postseason team.

We shall see how to prophet Stearns did soon enough.

Exactly right

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In my opinion Stearns is leaving to many potential holes. 2B could be a giant hole and the rotation could be a black hole real easily. Catcher is a big concern to me too.

For anyone who says “July 31st” well the season is reaching the last third by then and you had 2/3 of suck which costs a lot of wins. That could eat your postseason hopes up. We are not a powerhouse. We need every win we can scrape up. We will be retooling for a push for a playoff spot. Not positioning for a better postseason team.

We shall see how to prophet Stearns did soon enough.

Can I call him "Ted" Stearns?

I don’t know if I am more shocked with the one year for $4 million deal or with the fact that it was his only major league offer this offseason (and reportedly the Yankees didn’t even start talking contract terms until three days ago). I would be willing to bet Walker finishes this season in the top ten offensively among second baseman. He doesn’t have draft pick compensation attached to him. How does this guy, even at 32, only get four million dollars?

I did smile when I read that Walker showed up to the Yankees clubhouse today with his Brewers equipment bag.

Well I guess this is one more reason to hope Villar has a bounce back season, because I’m not sure I am ready for an entire season’s worth of in-game threads dwelling on how much better the offense would be with Neil Walker.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I don’t know if I am more shocked with the one year for $4 million deal or with the fact that it was his only major league offer this offseason (and reportedly the Yankees didn’t even start talking contract terms until three days ago). I would be willing to bet Walker finishes this season in the top ten offensively among second baseman. He doesn’t have draft pick compensation attached to him. How does this guy, even at 32, only get four million dollars?

I did smile when I read that Walker showed up to the Yankees clubhouse today with his Brewers equipment bag.

Well I guess this is one more reason to hope Villar has a bounce back season, because I’m not sure I am ready for an entire season’s worth of in-game threads dwelling on how much better the offense would be with Neil Walker.

Watching Huira mash and play solid defense lately, perhaps he's closer than we all think. If the 3-headed monster fails, it's not out of the realm of possibility he's up at some point this year. Crazy thought, but not impossible.

Not to turn this into a Hiura thread, but even with a great season in the minors I don’t think we will see him in the majors this year. Even if he continues to mash he still needs development defensively and needs to be in a lineup every day. Going into his age 21 season this year I think the earliest we could see Hiura if the stars aligned is mid-season in 2019. I don’t think they will want to start his service time clock any sooner then that and risk that if he does develop into an elite hitter they could lose him in the midst of his expected peak seasons.
Not just “at Night” anymore.

“Prophet” Stearns. “Ted” Stearns. Some of this is just too comical.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I am disappointed in this. Villar strikes out once per game on average and has now 5 years in the big leagues with mediocre results. 3 of those years had a sub .700 OPS. Neil Walker has never had a sub .700 OPS. Actually the more I think about it the more I am even more confused. The part I don't get is Stearns goes after Broxton, Santana and Thames (Which I was 110% in agreement with because they strike out to much for my liking) but then sticks with Villar. I am sorry I just don't get it.

Archived