Brewer Fanatic

Moustakas agrees to deal with Royals

markedman5

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Didn’t he turn down the QO from the Royals?
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Yeah, the position players left like Walker and Lucroy must be really freaking out after this.

Yeah they might have to vend popcorn on their off days at this rate. Crazy...

Dont you think some team would moneyballesque cluster buy. Moose walker lucroy could make a team a good amount better for 15mil.

And he turned down a 17 million dollar QO for this year.

That said, it didn't seem like he had any other suitors so at some point he had to bite the bullet and accept the situation he really was in, not what he wanted to be the case.

And he turned down a 17 million dollar QO for this year.

That said, it didn't seem like he had any other suitors so at some point he had to bite the bullet and accept the situation he really was in, not what he wanted to be the case.

Ouch... 10.5 mil... ouch.

How about $15M a year for Cain for five years? I like having him but all of a sudden it is looking like an overpay this offseason.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Yes the Hosmer move was just baffling.

I love Cain and I was definitely in favor of it when we did it - but I assumed at the time we had a plan to solve the OF logjam.

Seeing how the market has developed I probably would have rather just done the Yelich deal and invested Cain's 16M a year into some of these bargains.

How about $15M a year for Cain for five years? I like having him but all of a sudden it is looking like an overpay this offseason.

Cain had multiple suitors though, Moustakas and Boras from what i've read since free agency, has been looking to create a market and nothing materialized.

The Brewers likely were the only team to offer Cain that fifth year, but he wasn't going to be had on a one year deal like Moustakas.

Chacin will look like an overpay as well when the remaining FA pitchers sign. Just the way it goes, nobody knew it would play out like this.

Yep, but I feel a lot better about 2/16 for Chacin than I would about 3/38 for Chatwood.

Top of the order bat

Defense plus at CF

5 war capable

I'll keep him. I value him over JD.

Cain seems to be a pretty bad deal at this point. The OF was mostly fine but even if they wanted to add an OF Dyson, Jackson, Jay, etc on one year deals could have given us just as much this year when platooned right and not committed big, long term, money to a 32 year old who depends on athleticism to be good. Could’ve had 1 of Dyson/Gomez/Jackson/Jay, Lucroy or Avila, Walker and Chatwood or likely Cobb for what we gave Cain and for way less years

Some of you are trying to compare completely different players...it doesn’t work that way.

It’s not about comparing players. It’s about allocating Capital properly, or at least more efficiently, and looking at opportunity cost. 1 of Dyson/Jackson/Gomez+ 1 of Lucroy/Avila+Walker+1 of Chatwood/Cobb>Cain. Let alone passing up Cain and any FA all together and just going to what was needed to get Darvish.

Archived