Brewer Fanatic

Best TV Shows

pacopete4

What are some peoples favorite shows out there? I just finished the first season of Sneaky Pete and I am very excited to see the second season drop this Friday.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

The Good Place--very engaging storyline. The Season One finale was a great ending. I thought it dipped a little bit the next season, but it's picked up again.

Superior Donuts--Ever have one of those shows you watch but don't know why? One you fully recognize is garbage but for whatever reason you still use it as a time-killer? Don't get me wrong, if you haven't seen it yet, don't bother.

Baskets--It's a good show, though I haven't bothered with the last couple of seasons for some reason.

Bob's Burgers--The best comedy on tv. The characters really grow on you.

Fresh off the Boat--It's a decent show.

The Last Man On Earth--I hated the first season apart from the finale, but since then it's been really good. I haven't liked many of these current Mexican house episodes, but all in all it's been really good. To a degree they're stuck trying to have celebrity episodes to boost ratings and try not to get cancelled, when the writers would otherwise be moving the story forward more.

Black Mirror (Netflix) - Modern Twilight Zone is the best way to explain it. Great show.

Wentworth (Netflix) - Extremely underrated. About 10X better than Orange is the New Black

The Man in the High Castle (Amazon Prime) - Very thought provoking alternate reality in which the Nazis won WW2.

Handmaid's Tale (Hulu) - Some really good performances, also alternate reality type TV

As you can see, I don't watch much network television. I do get into Shark tank and Superstore some.

I don't watch a lot of TV and what I do I can only catch up on when the kid is napping so I'm usually pretty far behind on my shows.

Brooklyn Nine-Nine

Great show that FOX is doing everything to destroy by randomly giving it multi-month breaks for no reason. When it first started I didn't think it would make a second season but has turned out pretty solid.

Last Man on Earth

Pretty much everyone who started watching this show has come to hate it, but still watches it. It's so up and down and you never really know what to expect from an episode. It's supposed to be a comedy but there are some episodes with zero comedy and the humor is all over the place from super low brow to intellectual to meta. I can see why people start to hate it because you can't peg the show in any category. Some episodes are slapstick comedy, some are full on depressing drama, some are uplifting human stories, it just covers everything.

The Mick

Stupid comedy you don't have to think about.

LA to Vegas

Finally got around to watching it. Pretty solid. Captain Dave is becoming one of my favorite characters of all time.

The Detour

Really underrated show. Great writing, great characters. Season 2 wasn't great but season 3 stepped it back up. And how can you ignore such great guest starts as Todd Palin and Bret "The Hitman" Hart?

Superstore

When it debuted, NBC was trying to push it as the new Office. It certainly isn't that but it does sort of have that feel.

I'm not watching a ton right now, but the ones I am watching, I really enjoy.

Homeland - Going to start the new season any day here now. So intense!

The Americans - I really enjoy this and it seems like they've gotten in to their stride again the last few years. Spying, Russia, 80s, what more could you ask for?

Game of Thrones - Who's not watching it?

I really think I'd enjoy Superstore and believe you've brought it up a few times in the past. I'll have to get on it. I need a few comedies in my life! I started watching re-runs of the office because I've been too lazy to find something else.

I want to start watching:

Silicone Valley

Stranger Things

Two shows I watched from the beginning, so I'm stuck with:

Walking Dead- I have it on, but end up doing stuff on my phone more than watching intently.

Gold Rush

Weekly:

Shark Tank

The Middle/ Modern Family

Shows I binge:

Sneaky Pete- Good call by Brew4U. Loved it and looking forward to 2nd season about to drop

House of Cards- We'll see what happens post-Spacey

The Americans Like it better than I thought I would

Homeland

Better Call Saul

Breaking Bad is just barely better than BCS

Bosch

Fargo

Narcos

Goliath

(Billy Bob Thorton)

On my list to binge when I get Netflix again:

Stranger Things

There are tons of Alaska based reality tv shows, and most of them don't accurately reflect Alaskan life. Many are a complete joke, and I can tell you hardly anybody here watches them-except for one. If you are going to watch an Alaska show, the one to watch is The Last Alaskans. It is very captivating if you are into shows about wilderness and life.

FVBrewerfan- I forgot Fargo!!! Is there any news on season 4? That show is so good.

Per wiki:

The series is currently on an extended hiatus and FX announced in January 2018 that a fourth season is in development and is planned for a 2019 release.[

Excited that both Archer and Legion (an X-Men -adjacent show, from the showrunner of "Fargo") are coming back soon.

The Good Place, Fresh off the Boat, and Superstore are all comedies worth your time.

Game of Thrones and Stranger Things aren't coming back for a good while, but I'll certainly watch (and re-watch) them when they do.

I watch a lot of TV, so there's a fair number of things sitting on my TiVo that I need to catch up with (like Bob's Burgers), gradually sit through out of a sense of obligation (X-Files), or just cut bait on (looking at you, Blindspot).

Just finished seven seconds on Netflix, enjoyed it.

Really enjoy Homeland and Shameless on Showtime, wait for the season to end and buy showtime for a month and binge. Tried to find a reason to keep showtime after shameless ended and couldn't.

next ones on my list is collateral and dark on netflix I think.

Rick and Morty - lives up to the hype. Smart, crude, irreverent, hilarious.

Westworld - season 1 - early episodes do a lot of world-building and set-up, so it may feel slow but the payoff in the last few episodes make it so worth it. Also, Anthony Hopkins, need I say more? - Season 2 coming in late April, can't wait!

Game of Thrones - duh

LOST - recently re-watched this, remembered it being really good but re-watching it was even better than I expected. I think binge watching improved the experience. It had been long enough for me to forget a lot of how things went down the first time I watched it. Great, great show.

The Good Place - Few episodes in and liking it. Same dude that wrote for The Office and that was writing and in charge of Parks & Rec is running this show.

The Magicians - Angsty grad-school aged millennials in the real world that can do magic. A grown up, harsher Harry Potter type show. With sex, alcohol and drugs (college kids doing college kid things) and a cable network (SYFY) that doesn't mind using uncensored F-bombs. Really. Fun show if you like that kind of thing.

"Counsell is stupid, Hader not used right, Bradley shouldn't have been in the lineup...Brewers win!!" - FVBrewerFan - 6/3/21

Season two of Sneaky Pete was good but not quite as good as season one for me.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

The shows I look most forward to watching are as follows:

Walking Dead

Better Call Saul

Fargo

Orange is the New Black

American Pickers

Survivor

Big Brother

After those, there are a lot of shows I DVR, but I could live without them.

One that is on the bubble for me is Designated Survivor. Great concept to start, but now it is shark jumping almost every week.

I really like The Good Place and Corporate. Big Bang Theory is always good for laughs. The Mick is also a show I enjoy, and The Detour is hit and miss. One week it is really good, then the next is meh.

EDIT: I left off LA to Vegas, so far I have really enjoyed this show... It is actually funny every week!

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

The Twins Daily Caretaker Fund
The Brewer Fanatic Caretaker Fund

You all care about this site. The next step is caring for it. We’re asking you to caretake this site so it can remain the premier Brewers community on the internet. Included with caretaking is ad-free browsing of Brewer Fanatic.