Brewer Fanatic

Jay to Royals

The Royals have a really weird roster.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Not many dominoes left to fall. Haven't seen numbers yet, expecting a $4-5 million deal for 1 year.

One year, $3 million, with up to $1.5 million in incentives. Good call.

I actually kind of like what the Royals are doing. Dumpster diving is a decent idea in this depressed market, and Jay may even be able to provide a decent Cain impersonation.

I, for one, am thrilled to see him out of the NL Central and in the AL.
"Counsell is stupid, Hader not used right, Bradley shouldn't have been in the lineup...Brewers win!!" - FVBrewerFan - 6/3/21

Who can forget the pivotal Friday night game in the final series vs. the Cubs where Jay worked Woodruff for a ridiculously long AB that led to his demise a few batters later. Nobody talks about his loss impacting the Cubs but it will.

Who can forget the pivotal Friday night game in the final series vs. the Cubs where Jay worked Woodruff for a ridiculously long AB that led to his demise a few batters later. Nobody talks about his loss impacting the Cubs but it will.

He was kinda like their Sogard last year. He put up a good slash line but it required like a .360+BABIP. Don’t blame them for preferring to play Happ/Almora/Schwarber over him but agree they could miss him. Always was a thorn in our side

Comment of the day...couldn't agree more.

Jay not completely gone yet..

Granted its not 19 divisional games, but the Crew does play 4 games with the Royals this season (2 in KC in April, hosting KC for 2 in June).

I agree. I like that we have added two "professional hitters"/higher OBP guys for our top two spots in the order. The Cubs just lost their table-setter and hopefully that hurts them a bit.

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh

Comment of the day...couldn't agree more.

Clicked on this thread planning to say the same thing. So glad he's gone. Kinda surprising a winning team wouldn't grab him as a 4th OF. Great fill in guy for injury and to step in with quality ABs as PH or in days off to starters.

Archived