Brewer Fanatic

2018 Spring Training In Game Thread

RobDeer 45
Suter is gonna need every little advantage he can get given that he's not gonna miss bats. Improved defense and a good pickoff move will help. I am becoming resigned to the likely situation that the crew is not gonna add another SP. At least Suter games should be lively.

Did BA just refer to Suter as the "Raptor"? I haven't heard him called that before, but I can see how it fits.

I thought that was his nickname from last year during the stupid nickname jersey weekend

Yeah. Its what the team called him last year because of how he looks when he runs. Found this in an interview with rosiak in the JS last summer.

Q. Another one of your talents is your famous "raptor" run. Where did that come from?

A. Really, it started with Tim Dillard. I have a pretty slouched run, and so he kept on saying I ran like a raptor. Then every time I'd do sprints near the relievers where he'd be stretching, he'd just go, "Rawwwwwwwwwr!" Eventually he had me come in as a Dubsmash guest and do the raptor runs in the background, and I guess it just took off. Then last year Mike (Vassallo, Brewers senior director, media relations) asked me what I wanted my music to be and I was like, "I don't really care." He goes, " 'Jurassic Park' theme song all right?" And I was like, "OK." (laughs) That's how it happened, pretty much."

Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

Just witnessed win over Dodgers. Arcia with 3 rockets including a double off Kershaw. Can't wait to see what Choi does at CS. Guerra all over the place in the first but should have gotten through with just one run due to a botched DO ball. He settled down nicely. FB generally 93 range. Barnes shaky.

Archived