AL West: Astros

WC1: Yankees

WC2: A's

NL East: Nationals

NL Central: Cubs

NL West: Dodgers

WC1: Diamondbacks

WC2: Brewers

Toughest calls for me were the WC2 slots, rest were pretty comfortable picks. Neither league has a solid WC2 team imo, it is really up for grabs. I'll be really surprised if any of the division winners change other than maybe Yankees over Red Sox barring massive injury issues of course.

Community Moderator
Is anyone, other than the most optimistic Brewers fans here, NOT going to predict a Washington, Chicago, LA division champion triad?

If I had to put money on this outcome vs. the field (meaning at least one of those teams not winning their division), I would bet the field. It happens more often than not in MLB where the odds on favorites, even heavy ones, don't all come out on top.

That said, if I had to bet on the most likely specific 3 NL teams to win their divisions, those would obviously be the 3.

If we give all three of these teams an 80% chance of winning their respective divisions to start the season, that gives nearly a 50% chance of at least one being usurped.

The Nationals are the least vulnerable and the Cubs are the most vulnerable (lowest projected wins and smallest difference between the 2nd and 3rd place teams).

Archived