Brewer Fanatic

Completely useless 2018 Playoff Predictions

brewerhuman

With 'baseball' on TV tomorrow, I figure it would be a good time for a futile exercise in predicting who will make it to October. Because what better time to predict future success than before the first exhibition game?

Also, I'm bored, so let's just have some fun. As far as the Brewers are concerned, you can add whatever qualifiers you'd like. It doesn't have to be as it stands right now.

I'll lead off:

AL West: Astros

AL Central: Indians

AL East: Yankees2

WC: Red Sox

WC: Twins

NL West: Dodgers

NL Central:Cubs

NL East:Nationals

WC: Brewers

WC: Diamondbacks

I’m not making a useless prediction with so many FAs still out there. Seems really really pointless.

Then don't post in this thread. Your posts like this and the one in the minor league thread are not needed.

Thanks for your opinion.

I don't understand why this thread is being posted prematurely. Why not wait till the end of ST? I get it we are antsy and want to roll out the prediction threads(they are fun to do and nice to look back on), but there is likely to be big changes for many teams in the next month. I'm guessing many would change their predictions at the start of the season.

I’m not making a useless prediction with so many FAs still out there. Seems really really pointless.

Totally get it, but don't say I didn't warn you with the title of the thread :laughing

No, I get it. I like prediction threads and can't wait till we do a "Brewer Leaders" one for stats/titles. Just feels really really early for it.

Totally get it, but don't say I didn't warn you with the title of the thread :laughing

No, I get it. I like prediction threads and can't wait till we do a "Brewer Leaders" one for stats/titles. Just feels really really early for it.

100% understandable. It is too early. From my end, I'm okay with doing it now for fun and then seeing what moves in Spring alter my predictions. As a defect of sorts from the Bucks universe, I'm very eager to chat Brewers and this is the result of that.

Totally valid thread. IT'S SPRING TRAINING. The ONLY reason it's a little early this year is because of the wacky free agency market this offseason, but even with that said, teams are 90+% what they're going to be at this point.

Here are my completely useless predictions, it'll be interesting to see if any remaining moves affect anyone's perceptions:

AL East: Yankees

AL Wildcard: Red Sox

AL Wildcard: Angels

NL Central: Cubs

NL East: Nationals

NL Wildcard: Cardinals

NL Wildcard: Brewers

AL East: Red Sox

AL Central: Twins

WC1: Yankees

WC2: Angels

WC1: Brewers

WC2: Phillies

Indians offense slumps all year while the Phillies and Brewers surprise everyone. I am predicting the Phillies pick up one of Lynn, Cobb, or Arrieta in free agency to get them to 87 wins on the year.

WC1: Yankees

WC1: Brewers

WC2: Phillies

Indians offense slumps all year while the Phillies and Brewers surprise everyone. I am predicting the Phillies pick up one of Lynn, Cobb, or Arrieta in free agency to get them to 87 wins on the year.

I like the Phillies as well, but I wasn't quite ready to put them in one of the slots. I like how they seem to have things in good order with Klentak and Kapler. Of course, that could make things a little more difficult for the Brewers, but I enjoy more competition.

Playoffs???

Brewers go 162-0

Sweep the playoffs

Win WS in 4 with back to back to back to back no hitters by Nelson, Anderson, Davies, Chacin.

And are the greatest team to ever to put on any uniform!

If you are setting a goal, set it high!!

WC1: Red Sox

WC2: Indians

NL Central: Brewers

NL West: Diamondbacks

WC1: Dodgers

WC2: Rockies

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

ALWC1: Red Sox

ALWC2: Twins

NLWC1: Rockies

NLWC2: Cardinals

ALWC: Red Sox beat Twins

NLWC: Rockies beat Cardinals

ALDS: Red Sox over Indians 3-2, Astros over Yankess 3-2

NLDS: Brewers over Rockies 3-1, Dodgers over Nationals 3-0

ALCS: Red Sox over Astros 4-2

NLCS: Brewers over Dodgers 4-3

World Series: Brewers over Red Sox 4-3

WS MVP: Yelich

ALWC1: Red Sox

ALWC2: Twins

NLWC1: Rockies

NLWC2: Cardinals

ALWC: Red Sox beat Twins

NLWC: Rockies beat Cardinals

ALDS: Red Sox over Indians 3-2, Astros over Yankess 3-2

NLDS: Brewers over Rockies 3-1, Dodgers over Nationals 3-0

ALCS: Red Sox over Astros 4-2

NLCS: Brewers over Dodgers 4-3

World Series: Brewers over Red Sox 4-3

WS MVP: Yelich

You don't think Suter could beat out Yelich for MVP?

*AS IT STANDS TODAY*

WC1: Yanks

NL East: Nats

NL West: Giants

WC1: D’Backs

WC2: Dodgers

For playoffs flip a coin or something since it’s all mostly random, but I’ll predict a Cubs-Red Sox WS. NL West was the hardest division for me to pick everything else I think is gonna be mostly chalk. I don’t think the Dodgers are being talked about enough as a team that falls. Their pitching is held together by duck tape and bubblegum and they have some regression guys on offense.

AL East: Brewers

AL Central: Brewers

AL West: Brewers

ALWC1: Brewers

ALWC2: Brewers

NL East: Brewers

NL West: Brewers

NLWC1: Brewers

NLWC2: Cubs

NLCS: Brewers over Cubs by a combined score of 179-0

World Series: Brewers win

WS MVP: Jacob Nottingham

I don't understand why this thread is being posted prematurely. Why not wait till the end of ST? I get it we are antsy and want to roll out the prediction threads(they are fun to do and nice to look back on), but there is likely to be big changes for many teams in the next month. I'm guessing many would change their predictions at the start of the season.

It is a message board where people go to post things like this. I swear there are quite a few posters on this board that feel they have to comment on every single thread; even if they do not like it. Hint: you do not.

Is anyone, other than the most optimistic Brewers fans here, NOT going to predict a Washington, Chicago, LA division champion triad?

I wouldn't bet my house on it not happening, but with injuries and how quickly the games changing it would not shock me if one of those teams goes down.

The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!

I really think the NL Wild Card is going to be a blast this year. For argument's sake, let's say the chalk becomes a reality and the Dodgers-Cubs-Nationals win the divisions. That leaves 12 teams to battle it out for 2 wild cards. Realistically:

-2 teams are most assuredly out (Marlins, Reds);

-4 will need all of the breaks to contend (Pirates, Phillies, Braves and Padres);

-6 start as legitimate contenders (Brewers, Cardinals, Rockies, Giants, Diamondbacks and Mets)

Looking at those 6 contenders, the Brewers need a TOR as the Giants (Bumgarner), Diamondbacks (Greinke) and Mets (Syndergaard/de Grom) are significantly better in a one game playoff.

Is anyone, other than the most optimistic Brewers fans here, NOT going to predict a Washington, Chicago, LA division champion triad?

If I had to put money on this outcome vs. the field (meaning at least one of those teams not winning their division), I would bet the field. It happens more often than not in MLB where the odds on favorites, even heavy ones, don't all come out on top.

That said, if I had to bet on the most likely specific 3 NL teams to win their divisions, those would obviously be the 3.

I am not Shea Vucinich

It is a message board where people go to post things like this. I swear there are quite a few posters on this board that feel they have to comment on every single thread; even if they do not like it. Hint: you do not.

Aren't you doing the same thing by policing the board? You're not a moderator. If it's inappropriate, the moderators will take care of it. You don't have to respond either and you do have the option to block other posters if they bother you.

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

Aren't you doing the same thing by policing the board? You're not a moderator. If it's inappropriate, the moderators will take care of it. You don't have to respond either and you do have the option to block other posters if they bother you.

Did you get moderator status?

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Archived