Brewer Fanatic

System could make a BIG jump

BrewersAA

Is there anyone from this list that is NOT legitimately in the MLB Top 100 discussion post-2018 with a big season this year, perhaps some even by midseason?

Ray

Peralta

Medeiros

Ortiz

Erceg

I was tempted, but stopped short of adding Ponce and Lutz to this list.

Ray is already a former top 30, and if he has a big season will shoot back up based on his draft status if his production justifies.

Peralta is probably already underrated and should be considered a 1B to 1A for Burnes at this point.

Medeiros is a guy whose stock will skyrocket if he finally has that big year.

Ortiz is another guy with #2 starter upside, former top prospect who has come along slower than we'd like but early returns are good so far this year.

Erceg always seems to be right on the cusp and certainly looks like the possible 3B of the future here.

I still think it’s interesting that Flanagan said his breakout candidate for the brewers was Tyrone Taylor and that the last 2 seasons were more about injuries than regression. They bumped him a level and he is raking, still supposed to have a plus glove in center. When Flanagan said that my first reaction was that they felt really good about him and he made it easier to trade some much depth out of the position. He was top 100 as well in the past.

Is there anyone from this list that is NOT legitimately in the MLB Top 100 discussion post-2018 with a big season this year, perhaps some even by midseason?

Ray

Peralta

Medeiros

Ortiz

Erceg

I was tempted, but stopped short of adding Ponce and Lutz to this list.

Ray is already a former top 30, and if he has a big season will shoot back up based on his draft status if his production justifies.

Peralta is probably already underrated and should be considered a 1B to 1A for Burnes at this point.

Medeiros is a guy whose stock will skyrocket if he finally has that big year.

Ortiz is another guy with #2 starter upside, former top prospect who has come along slower than we'd like but early returns are good so far this year.

Erceg always seems to be right on the cusp and certainly looks like the possible 3B of the future here.

I would say Medeiros. I see his absolute top end as a Hader-esque shut down reliever and think that most scouts and talent evaluaters do as well. As valuable as that role is becoming, you just don't see alot of reliever types in top 100 lists.

I still think it’s interesting that Flanagan said his breakout candidate for the brewers was Tyrone Taylor and that the last 2 seasons were more about injuries than regression. They bumped him a level and he is raking, still supposed to have a plus glove in center. When Flanagan said that my first reaction was that they felt really good about him and he made it easier to trade some much depth out of the position. He was top 100 as well in the past.

I think you and him are accurate in your evaluations!

Archived