Brewer Fanatic

How much longer should I hold my breath? (trades)

mrbergmann
It's 3:40, 40 minutes past the trade deadline any news involving the Brewers and trades hasn't come yet. Any idea when I can safely stop thinking that they might have pulled something off last-second? Or, should I just keep refreshing the page every 10 seconds?

I thought most teams pass almost every player they would contemplate trading through revocable waivers. Once they clear, they can be dealt.

Exactly -- but guys like Griffey Jr. will probably go through, and not get claimed, because teams won't want to take on their contracts -- I think we agree on this.

By this time, most activity has usually been announced, but there may be a few more deals that don't come across the wire until this evening. Sometimes the deal has been submitted but not announced for various reasons.

I wouldn't hold my breath, except for maybe a minor David Bell type deal.

Archived