Brewer Fanatic

Twins Trade for Jake Odorizzi

IntentionalHBP

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
One less stop for Arrieta but one less pitcher available to us.

So far that return seems light but I'm assuming there is more?

He is a pitcher that did nothing for me so I am fine having this one off the board.

It is a little light but odorizzi was not good last year

That doesn't mean the Twins won't sign Cobb or Arrieta though

Agreed. I think it might increase the chance. Could have a real nice rotation by adding one of those two.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

That return is a little shocking.

On the other hand, Odorizzi was terrible last season, has been trending down for 4+ years, and even with a clean bill of health has never been capable of going deep into games.

Isn't Ervin Santana only going to miss like 2 weeks?

That return is a little shocking.

On the other hand, Odorizzi was terrible last season, has been trending down for 4+ years, and even with a clean bill of health has never been capable of going deep into games.

Isn't Ervin Santana only going to miss like 2 weeks?

I believe I initially saw mid-May as his timetable.

Despite His performance in 2017, I would much rather have Odorizzi be our #5 than Gallardo/Miley/Wilkerson/everyone else. The return for him was extremely light.

Agreed but the Brewers will make a move for a pitcher. And then it would be ordorizzi vs Chacin or woodward. Would take the two currently on our roster

This would have been the equivalent of barely our 30th ranked prospect.

Gotta think Archer's price isn't nearly as high as some people seem to think it is then.

Odorizzi and Archer are not even close. This shows more how low odorizzi's value isnthan anything. I think it was a good deal for Minnesota but I am glad the Brewers got Chacin instead.

Well if we got nelson back healthy and woodruff going strong I'd be a little irked with a lottery ticket position player for Chacin. Really low ask. Ward or mccallahan for him... sheesh low.

No brainer for MN. Cheaper than Garcia. Probably better. Gave up next to nothing.

FWIW, Jermaine Palacios did not appear in this year’s Baseball America Prospect Handbook Twins top 30, but did appear in the supplement that has each organization’s #31 ranked prospect.

I know Odorizzi wasn’t good last year, but the Twins just turned Palacios into two seasons (the age 28 and 29 seasons) of a pitcher that has had some decent success as an MLB starting pitcher.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

FWIW, Jermaine Palacios did not appear in this year’s Baseball America Prospect Handbook Twins top 30, but did appear in the supplement that has each organization’s #31 ranked prospect.

I know Odorizzi wasn’t good last year, but the Twins just turned Palacios into two seasons (the age 28 and 29 seasons) of a pitcher that has had some decent success as an MLB starting pitcher.

Yeah I don't see how anyone could see this as a bad trade for the twins and I guess if the Brewers make it I am fine. I just didn't want odorizzi in this rotation. Would rather role with woodruff. I am convinced the Brewers are adding one more pitcher sononce Nelson returns odorizzi is our 7th starter in my mind.

Archived