Brewer Fanatic

Rays acquire CJ Cron, designate Corey Dickerson

jonescm128

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have no knowledge here but I'm wondering if there isn't something off the field in play here.

We have a lot of access to numbers but very little on them as people.

Yah there has to be a reason he was DFA’d. Tampa isn’t stupid.

Yeesh. If this is a reflection of Dickerson's value, no wonder we can't get anything decent for Santana.

I think the odds of Dickerson clearing waivers are virtually zero. This is just weird. Even if the corner outfield market is minimal, I can't imagine why they'd cut a guy like him. Isn't he one of the best hitters on their team? Is he a dreadful defender or something...like braun at 3b with one hand tied behind his back bad?

I would assume they already have a trade lined up. The DFA is just to clear 40-man room for Cron without getting rid of somebody else. Strange order of operations though, announcing this move first and by itself.

The have 10 days to finalize whatever they have cooking with Dickerson.

I have no knowledge here but I'm wondering if there isn't something off the field in play here.

We have a lot of access to numbers but very little on them as people.

Yah there has to be a reason he was DFA’d. Tampa isn’t stupid.

They've been pretty stupid since Friedman left.

Twins and Rays have a trade in place.

I assume this is from Jeff Passan on Twitter. His next tweet states that the Twins have interest in Odorizzi. This could mean one fewer option for the Brewers. It will be interesting what the Twins are giving up. They don't have much in the minors, except the shortstop Gordon. Gordon and Max Kepler for Odorizzi and Dickerson, perhaps?

I assume this is from Jeff Passan on Twitter. His next tweet states that the Twins have interest in Odorizzi. This could mean one fewer option for the Brewers. It will be interesting what the Twins are giving up. They don't have much in the minors, except the shortstop Gordon. Gordon and Max Kepler for Odorizzi and Dickerson, perhaps?

It’s a done deal... Palacios(SS) is apart of the package heading back to Tampa.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Twins also made an offer for Archer a week ago. Could be an option too

Odorizzi going to Minnesota.

Good, didn't want him anywhere near Miller Park.

Me either. I don’t see why anyone would actually want him.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

It’s a done deal... Palacios(SS) is apart of the package heading back to Tampa.

This is per Jeff Passan. Palacios is barely a top 20 prospect in a weak system. There have to be other significant pieces involved.

Palacios was the only piece Minnesota sent. Are you telling me we couldn't send anything better than #24 in the Twins system? If this is all it takes to get Odorizzi then I dont think Archer's price is as high as people are saying it is.

Archived