Brewer Fanatic

Spring Training thread

MoreTrife
  • Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anyone watching see how Burnes looked? Stat line looks nice, any notes(velocity readings) would be appreciated.

Attacked hitters with lots of strikes and had a nice looking curveball. He looked really really good. I do not believe he faced anyone that will project to be on the Cubs roster however.

I fell Brewers are will to ride out 2B in house this season mostly due to believing Hiura will be up in September & probably opening day 2019 starter. Why go sign Walker for more than a year when we have a guy to replace him soon. Hope Villar bounces back & trade him.

It’s impossible not to love watching professional hitters work. It’s an art. You watch like an Ichro is his prime and hopefully what we will continue to see if Hiura & it’s amazing. Makes me feel really crappy about my one year college stint finishing at exactly the Mendoza Line lol

Proud member since 2003 (geez ha I was 14 then)

FORMERLY BrewCrewWS2008 and YoungGeezy don't even remember other names used

He still has to play 2nd. Hitting wasn't anyones chief concern.

I think he will be fine there. All he has to do is be around average with the way his bat plays. He seems like just a baseball type guy, who works hard, and is fairly good athlete. They will give him every opportunity to prove he can play there at MLB level. Him proving he can’t would be awful. Just another OF to the log jam who could only play LF

Proud member since 2003 (geez ha I was 14 then)

FORMERLY BrewCrewWS2008 and YoungGeezy don't even remember other names used

You know it's exciting a heck to hear CC say Burnes Peralta could be up as soon as june. 8 man pen? Piggy back woodruff suter burnes peralta? Try to get 8 ip and 7 ip per "start?"

Anderson Davies Chacin

4 Woodruff/7 suter 5ip-3ip

5 Burnes/8 peralta 4ip-3ip

Knebel Hader Albers Logan Barnes Jeffress

Having an extra pen arm and having

Woodruff 150 ip pace

Suter 90 ip pace

Burnes 120 ip pace

Peralta 90ip pace

450 ip instead of like 300-350 from 4-5... 100 ip makes up for not having a long by a bunch.

Could start off 4 woodruff 5 guerra or wilkerson/suter with gallardo treated like a traditional long.

Lots of creative ways to handle this with an 8 man pen.

Things are starting off well. We are pace to be the only team in history not to lose a single spring training or regular season game all year. Cubs are firmly in the rearview mirror and the way forward is clear. Who would have thought we'd be in this position already?

Seriously though it, is nice the games are starting. This has been a boring offseason. There are so many interesting storylines to follow this spring it's nice to finally be able to argue over things happening on the field.

There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

I've studied these FA pitchers to death and I'm at the point where I'd just prefer they break camp with Burnes as their number 5.

If Burnes pitched better than the other contenders (Guerra/Yo/Suter/Woodruff) throughout spring training, he should definitely earned a spot in the rotation. I think he can and really hope he does, as I'm very high on him.

I think it's a terrible idea to send Burnes to Colorado Springs.

Nice swing by Broxton taking Ohtani yard.

I'm honestly a little worried we are going to trade Broxton for basically nothing and he's going to turn into a 25/25 gold glove CFer elsewhere. It would not take much more than him getting back to his 2016 form defensively and cutting his K rate to 30% or so for that to happen.

Archived