Brewer Fanatic

Spring Training thread

MoreTrife
  • Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My concerns on how skillfully he can play the position are somewhat at ease. Besides, it's not like Thames is a gold Glover.

I think it's legitimate to question how well his body will hold up at the position however.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
The Brewers Pay Tribute to The Sandlot

If you don't have Twitter, I'm sorry but this is where I found this gem of a video.

You know, I'm not typically a big fan of the cutesy social media stuff that they do, but that was pretty spot on. Nice to see the camaraderie this early on too. They nailed the casting as well.

Is there any doubt that Vogt has a future either as a manager or a commentator on MLB Network? He's got a ton of charisma.

If you don't have Twitter, I'm sorry but this is where I found this gem of a video.

That is awesome. FYI - don't need to have a Twitter account to view it (as is true with most things on Twitter).

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

That is awesome. FYI - don't need to have a Twitter account to view it (as is true with most things on Twitter).

Thanks for the info. Didn’t realize that.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

CC announced Davies will be starter in Home Opener? First of all, seems rather odd to make a formal announcement like this in ST. Anyhow, what does this mean? So Chacin follows Anderson, then #4 (whoever that is) pitches third game. Day off, then Davies pitches home opener.

Tells us they most likely will break camp with only 4 starters, meaning Aguilar has a shot to make the roster. (At least for a week.) But now Davies is pitching out of the 4th spot in the rotation moving forward? Maybe they're just being ultra-conservative with his minor injury.

I think Davies missed a chunk of time and hasn't got his pitch total up yet. This just buys him a little extra time to get that worked out and it gives us our second best pitcher in this rotation a chance to start at home for the season. Sounds like a solid plan. And to the four-man rotation, Counsell has already said that they won't need a 5th to begin the year.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Looked at the box score for yesterdays game. 6IP by Anderson. Wow I don't recall ST starts even towards the end having pitchers go 6IP. This is great as typically I feel the staff is underprepared and only stretched for 75 pitches or so opening day and last through 5IP but not able to pitch beyond 6.

I hope this continues with Chacin, and whoever is in line for 4 and 5. Be nice to start the season not relying on RPs to get us 4 IP nearly every game the first week to 10 days.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Looked at the box score for yesterdays game. 6IP by Anderson. Wow I don't recall ST starts even towards the end having pitchers go 6IP. This is great as typically I feel the staff is underprepared and only stretched for 75 pitches or so opening day and last through 5IP but not able to pitch beyond 6.

I hope this continues with Chacin, and whoever is in line for 4 and 5. Be nice to start the season not relying on RPs to get us 4 IP nearly every game the first week to 10 days.

I saw that Anderson was slated to go 90 pitches yesterday. He only had 79 at the end of 6, so actually went to the pen to throw his last 11.

I think they typically try to get the starters pretty much at that level by the end of camp. Nice to see Anderson so efficient through 6 though. That bodes well for the first part of the regular season, which the pen no doubt is going to be taxed, especially if Miley is gifted a rotation spot (my opinion).

3B- Justin Turner out with a broken wrist until st least May for the Dodgers.

We have a guy that was a rookie of the year as a 3rd baseman! ;) Make us an offer, L.A.

Can Taylor or Hernandez play 3rd? I honestly don't know. If one of them can, it may open up something in the OF but even that seems like a stretch (I know your post was tongue and cheek).

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

We have a guy that was a rookie of the year as a 3rd baseman! ;) Make us an offer, L.A.

Can Taylor or Hernandez play 3rd? I honestly don't know. If one of them can, it may open up something in the OF but even that seems like a stretch (I know your post was tongue and cheek).

buster olney replied this morning on espn that Logan Forsythe would slide over and the Dodgers have a lot of depth to absorb this, just Turner won't be batting in between Seager and Bellinger as the big loss. Also a concern on how this kind of injury is likely not something that will this season and he'll be playing through it likely the whole season. Which of course affects his projection this year.

Just a rough First for Anderson and again they played basically against the dodgers b team as most of the starts were at home playing the Padres.

The announcers noted that Anderson was making a conscious effort (as were others on the staff) to pitch inside this spring. You make mistakes learning something new, and those mistakes got hammered.

Well, today is the day we'll find out of the Brewers are going to go with Wade Miley in the rotation, or if they will make the smart decision. I have to admit, I'm kinda hoping for a 14-13 Brewer win.

Agreed, Miley needs to get shelled again today... Otherwise sadly he's in the rotation and probably Game 3 in SD.

If Miley does make the rotation, then Stearns is full of **** with the young controllable talk... Otherwise our rotation would be...

Anderson

Davies

Chacin

Woodruff

Suter

If Miley does make the rotation, then Stearns is full of **** with the young controllable talk...

If they would've signed one of the 30+ year olds in free agency would he have been then too?

Archived