Brewer Fanatic

Spring Training thread

MoreTrife
Stearns on Yelich trade and Cain signing

If you have Twitter it’ll work. Maybe someone else could find the mlb link for those that don’t have Twitter. It was a good listen about the day of the trade and how one move didn’t hinge on the other. You can tell that Stearns is very happy with getting both. Also interesting that he and other front office guys are in the clubhouse and have an office there to interact with the players and work with Counsell.

That was a good listen, thanks for sharing

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Solid day for Brent Suter today. 2 hits, 1 was a blooper that landed on the foul line and he picked off the other guy.

Will be interesting to see how the Brewers handle those #4/#5 rotation spots and #7/#8 bullpen spots. Suter is obviously getting into one of those 4 slots, but if he keeps pitching like he has been it's going to be hard to keep him out of the rotation.

So Knebel maybe (probably not) gets hurt on a wet mound so they bring in Dillard because they don't care if he gets hurt. I can't be the only one thinking that.

Apparently just precautionary due to wet mound.

So Knebel maybe (probably not) gets hurt on a wet mound so they bring in Dillard because they don't care if he gets hurt. I can't be the only one thinking that.

I assumed that. But it was good enough for every other pitcher in the game after, including Albers who will probably be a late inning guy. Seemed more like Knebel just didn't want to pitch on it.

I assumed that. But it was good enough for every other pitcher in the game after, including Albers who will probably be a late inning guy. Seemed more like Knebel just didn't want to pitch on it.

Per TomH #Brewers manager Craig Counsell said Corey Knebel slipped on wet mound and slightly tweaked left knee. Said not considered serious and was "precautionary" to remove him from game.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Solid day for Brent Suter today. 2 hits, 1 was a blooper that landed on the foul line and he picked off the other guy.

Will be interesting to see how the Brewers handle those #4/#5 rotation spots and #7/#8 bullpen spots. Suter is obviously getting into one of those 4 slots, but if he keeps pitching like he has been it's going to be hard to keep him out of the rotation.

I posted at the start of ST that I thought the 4/5 were two of Suter, Guerra, and Woodruff. Miley has sort of pitched his way into the conversation. Right now I would have to say Suter 4 and toss up between Miley and Guerra for 5.

First thing I thought of to.

All-Star Closer Knebel: Hey this mound is wet, I ain't pitching on this.

Counsell: Okay, no problem Corey. Get me Dillard!

Dillard: .....

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

My observation over many years is that offspeed pitchers have an advantage in spring training and early in the regular season. Hitters face a lot of fastballs against pitching machines over the winter and have a difficult time timing out the slow stuff off a human hand.

This wears off over the season to the point where the hard throwers have the advantage in the postseason.

Dillard knows his role......

Am I the only one that doesn't find Tim Dillard that funny?

I don't dislike the guy at all, seems like a fun guy to be around and good for the clubhouse. But his media and social media stuff is just lost on me I guess.

I am not Shea Vucinich

I don't dislike the guy at all, seems like a fun guy to be around and good for the clubhouse. But his media and social media stuff is just lost on me I guess.

Just about everything I’ve seen has been very enjoyable

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

I guess I could see how the goofball humor could be an acquired taste, but I think he's hilarious. I love professional athletes that can laugh at themselves and don't take themselves too seriously. They play a game for a living. Pro sports needs more Dillards.

I think he's got a future as a broadcaster. The guy is actually very intelligent and knows baseball quite well. I'm sure that there were plenty of Brewer fans that found Uecker's humor unfunny and sophomoreish back in the '70s too.

I guess I could see how the goofball humor could be an acquired taste, but I think he's hilarious. I love professional athletes that can laugh at themselves and don't take themselves too seriously. They play a game for a living. Pro sports needs more Dillards.

I think he's got a future as a broadcaster. The guy is actually very intelligent and knows baseball quite well. I'm sure that there were plenty of Brewer fans that found Uecker's humor unfunny and sophomoreish back in the '70s too.

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate that he doesn't take himself seriously, am all for goofing around and still find him endearing. I guess a lot of it just doesn't hit home with me *shrug*

That said, he did post a tweet a couple years back with the "Wan't to hear the most annoying sound in the world?" quote from Dumb and Dumber. I'm too lazy to find it and post myself...but that one was gold.

EDIT: Ok I lied, apparently I'm not too lazy, and also very bored

I am not Shea Vucinich

Miley went 5IP today. 2ER, 2H, 3BB, 4SO, 1Dinger allowed.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Not a fan of the 3 walks, especially when his biggest problem last year was command.

Miley just has a NRI. If he loses the job, plug in Woodruff, Miley goes to Colorado Springs to be depth.

Not a fan of the 3 walks, especially when his biggest problem last year was command.

Miley just has a NRI. If he loses the job, plug in Woodruff, Miley goes to Colorado Springs to be depth.

Maybe. I'm sure he has an opt out and based on what he's done so far I would think some team would give him a 25 man spot.

1) Guerra/Suter and Miley at 4-5 is fine by me if cobb isnt in the right range in both years and dollars.

2) Hiura please please stay at 2nd. Him leading off would be fantastic, this kid can hit. I have very little doubt he can pull off 300/360.

3) If cobb isn't added I want 2 "longmen" in the pen. I don't see that 2nd guy on this roster.

4) Braun better play 1b quite a bit.

I think Suter has a rotation spot locked up... I think last spot is between Woody, Miley or if we sign Cobb.

Guerra hasn't pitched his way out of contention yet I don't think. I want Suter in the rotation but I wouldn't be surprised to see him in the pen to start the year.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I think Suter has a rotation spot locked up... I think last spot is between Woody, Miley or if we sign Cobb.

Guerra hasn't pitched his way out of contention yet I don't think. I want Suter in the rotation but I wouldn't be surprised to see him in the pen to start the year.

Counsell loves Suter. I don't think there's any way he isn't in the rotation at this point.

Archived