Brewer Fanatic

Starting Rotations (Stats)

pacopete4
  • 3 weeks later...

Wade Miley actually projects to be an above replacement level pitcher. If they find even a small tweak to help him I fully buy him rebounding into a useful pitcher. Thinking otherwise is just pessimistic thinking. Two years ago he got hit by the homer bug and last year he completely lost his command which is normally quite good. If they can fix that command he is back to a mid 4 ERA guy.

Gallardo is just done though. Nothing in his peripherals suggest he can be more than a replacement level pitcher at the major league level. Using him to start a few times due to injuries is probably fine but penciling him in for more than a handful of stats means the team did not do its job building rotational depth.

Wade Miley actually projects to be an above replacement level pitcher. If they find even a small tweak to help him I fully buy him rebounding into a useful pitcher. Thinking otherwise is just pessimistic thinking. Two years ago he got hit by the homer bug and last year he completely lost his command which is normally quite good. If they can fix that command he is back to a mid 4 ERA guy.

Gallardo is just done though. Nothing in his peripherals suggest he can be more than a replacement level pitcher at the major league level. Using him to start a few times due to injuries is probably fine but penciling him in for more than a handful of stats means the team did not do its job building rotational depth.

I really don't think Gallardo in the rotation is even remotely realistic. There's a reasonable chance he winds up the long relief option, but I'm not convinced he's shown more than Hoover.

We'll find out more about those last 1-2 rotation spots later this morning I'm sure, pending those MRI results. Unless Miley's injury is very serious, we'll add him to the 40 man and throw him on the 10 day DL. Then one of Suter/Guerra/Woodruff will get the 5th rotation spot...probably Suter even though he's much better suited for long relief.

If I had my way, I'd open with Woodruff in the rotation and Suter in long relief...Williams also gets a spot because he's crazy good for AAA.

Archived