Brewer Fanatic

Marcus Stroman

mlloyd10
  • Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HH19 - I suppose you wouldn't take a few minutes while you are here to give us all an update on where things stand with the FA pitchers and any recent trade discussions?

Sorry, but there were a few people on here who ruined that opportunity.

I respect that you stand your ground, I do. It does seem like the positive far outweighed the negative in terms of support for you though.

I agree. I think the record number of visitors on this site that evening that you made the famous 9:00 post would indicate that there are plenty of people on this site that looked forward to your nuggets of information. None of us have any idea how accurate your info is, but I truly enjoyed reading what you had to offer. Personally, I would just ignore the naysayers if I were you. But, I can certainly understand how it would piss you off.

High Heat

@High_Heat_19

6m6 minutes ago

More

Please don’t spread to Bf that I’m on here. I tell the users that I’m fake so the trolls don’t follow me onto Twitter. My goal is to have a healthy community and not give them a reason to come over here and harass me.

Twitter is funny. Twitter trolls are also funny, but more in a "laugh at" than "laugh with" sense.

Maybe no one on this message board will also surf Twitter for Brewers information.

Speaking of "old," does anyone else love the fact that the home page here still has a story on a Shea Vucinich in the lead spot! I realize that this site is just used as a fan forum now, but I remember the days when they actually used to write stories on prospects here - and the home page always gives me that reminder. And I'm pretty sure that Shea Vucinich has to love that his name will live on for years here on the BF.net home page!

I wish this forum would partner up with BrewCrewBall or ReviewingtheBrew. Get some content and drive people to the boards.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

FYI, none of the Twitter accounts that have High Heat's handle on them are him. Even the ones I follow. He chose to contact me to get the word out.
http://albethke.blogspot.com/

I can only be heard on Al's Rambling's now.

The HH19 Twitter's out there are all fakes.

So is that blog just some random right-wing guy posting things from twitter about Trump? Where's the baseball info?

It’s his blog. If you don’t want to support it, don’t click. Hes allowed to be political. This place is supposed to be non-political. I’ve been following this place and that blog for a long time. He posts more political stuff than before, but it’s his blog. He’s got pretty good insight into the world of baseball.

Back to a Stroman convo...

Go get him at the deadline. Go brewers.

"There's more people to ignore in New York or in Boston than there are in Milwaukee, but I would still ignore them, probably."

-Zack Greinke

FYI, regarding HH, on Al's Ramblings (assuming he's talking to the real HH), he's saying he's still not on Twitter as well:

FYI, none of the Twitter accounts that have High Heat's handle on them are him. Even the ones I follow. He chose to contact me to get the word out.
http://albethke.blogspot.com/

I can only be heard on Al's Rambling's now.

The HH19 Twitter's out there are all fakes.

So is that blog just some random right-wing guy posting things from twitter about Trump? Where's the baseball info?

Yeah I mentioned HH19 was giving info there yesterday but didn't include a link as it is very political. There can be a couple of posts about the Brewers and then a few on Trump so posters here should be aware of that. If you have been on Brewerfan for 10-15 years you know Al certainly leaned right.

HH19 - I suppose you wouldn't take a few minutes while you are here to give us all an update on where things stand with the FA pitchers and any recent trade discussions?

Sorry, but there were a few people on here who ruined that opportunity.

HighHeat19.....c'mon man. It's the internet. There is nowhere you can go anymore and not be ridiculed by some loser who lives in mom/dad's basement who has no job and nothing but time on their hands. get over it. they're all just jealous of the info/sources you have, and live their whole lives being pessimistic towards everything they hear. That will never change. However, their are HUNDREDS of Brewers fans on here who look for your postings on a daily basis. you're almost like a Rumor Mill Jesus to some of us.....don't let the voice of the few speak for the voice of the many. Man up, come on back, and lets get some quality insight going back on these boards!!!!!!

Oh yeah, Stroman is a d&mn ace. I don't flinch at his Fip. You could tell a year like last year was only a matter of time and once that time came he'd be a star for years. At 27... I'd pay more for him than Archer and feel comfortable about it.

Given how teams pay extra at the deadline, would Stroman actually cost that much less at the deadline versus right now?

I don't buy the price difference. Archer is expensive as heck now. Q didn't get a monster offer. Right now plenty of teams would want Archer. Maybe at the deadline fulmer archer stroman are all available and only 8 teams are seriously buying.

Will never come cheap, but not sure that the deadline is actually more expensive as of late.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Every time I see his name I think of Abe Froman, Sausage King of Chicago.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

I would love to have Stroman on the Brewers.

I feel the same. I've expressed my concern about the amount being supposedly asked for by TB for Archer, but I'd be much more open to the idea of a package like that for Stroman. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's just how I feel - I have a lot more faith in Stroman and, to me, that's worth one less year of control.

"Don't force him to choose between Chris Smalling and Phil Jones. It's like asking someone to choose between which STD to contract!"

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Every time I see his name I think of Abe Froman, Sausage King of Chicago.

I'm suggesting you leave before I have to get snooty.

Snooty?

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

I would love to have Stroman on the Brewers.

I feel the same. I've expressed my concern about the amount being supposedly asked for by TB for Archer, but I'd be much more open to the idea of a package like that for Stroman. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's just how I feel - I have a lot more faith in Stroman and, to me, that's worth one less year of control.

That's along the lines of my thoughts on the potential trade(s) as well, though my thought process is heavily influenced by having seen Stroman pitch during the WBC last year. (I saw Archer pitch against the Brewers as well, but that was a much lower-pressure outing.)

I also think that - assuming he pitches to expectations - the Brewers would make the effort to sign Stroman to a contract extension extending through their window of opportunity.

And to add some value to this thread. Stroman is not a priority for the Brewer's or the Blue Jay's to trade at this time. Some groundwork has been laid out for a mid-summer trade dependent upon both team's in their respective standings.

However, the Brewer's are still adamant about acquiring another starter before opening day and realize it may not happen till closer to opening day.

Reading between the lines, I would take it as the Brewers adding a SP closer to opening day via trade where the pitcher has been in a camp to be ready for the regular season.

Why pay prospect cost equivalent to Archer for 1 year less team control? Age. Stroman starts the season 26 turning 27 in May. Archer turns 30 at season's end. Stroman pitched 2 CGs last year (1 against us) 6 games pitched in to the 8th inning or later. Lower HR/9 rate. Throws 5 pitches that are avg or better value. Trending better at prime age vs. trending stale? approaching 30 age.

And the fact Santana would have more value to Toronto than Tampa so maybe you're getting less cost on what it takes to trade for.

But at same time, Toronto would need a big trade return to entice them to move Stroman, as they need him more than we do. Trading Stroman would be a sign of not competing to .500 this year or "Tanking" So yeah, a Trade Deadline deal makes most sense with him as if Toronto weren't looking good trading away Stroman on a "Lost" season would present to the fans more reasonable than doing so now.

Archived