Brewer Fanatic

Marcus Stroman

mlloyd10
If it were to happen I would be supportive and would enjoy watching him throw but this is the type of trade I am not in favor of. We are still in the rebuild. Trading for Yelich was a good move in theory because you are replacing the hopeful long term solution at a position (Brinson) with an actual long term solution at the same position (Yelich) while not yielding too much of other hopeful long term solutions, if that makes sense at all.

Trading Santana is fine because our outfield is set and replacing one hopeful LTS (say Burnes) with the real thing (Stroman) is fine but this would cost us a couple of other big pieces that we are not immediately replacing. Losing 2 top 5 guys (along with Santana) in our system is too steep I think given our current position.

A rotation of Stroman, Anderson, Nelson, Davies, and Chacin and bullpen with Knebel and Hader is definitely enough to compete now. They are all young enough and controlled long enough that the window is a few years not one or two. That staff with Yelich, Cain, Braun, Shaw and others will win quite a few games

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[sarcasm]And we wonder why we get made fun of on the Cubs boards.[/sarcasm]

All kidding aside, Stroman would be so fun to have in a Brewers uniform but it really doesn't make a lot of sense for Toronto to move him right now. Maybe at the halfway point if/when they are out of it. Unless they want to do a total rebuild.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Stroman will be 27 this year and is arby this year and the next two years, right? So the Brewers would be trading for three years of service, at escalating arby prices.

Did they go to arbitration with him yet for this year's cost?

I would start the negotiations with Santana, and one of Woodruff/Burnes/Ortiz/Peralta, plus any two other players in the system not named Hiura or Lutz and see how that goes. They could have Broxton too, but I consider Phillips the 4th OF for next year.

Maybe Toronto would really like Ray or Erceg or someone else and that would make the deal closer than one would guess. At minimum, Santana would be in the majors right away, so the club can show the fans it isn't all for tomorrow. And the pitcher could be in majors or very close.

[sarcasm]And we wonder why we get made fun of on the Cubs boards.[/sarcasm]

All kidding aside, Stroman would be so fun to have in a Brewers uniform but it really doesn't make a lot of sense for Toronto to move him right now. Maybe at the halfway point if/when they are out of it. Unless they want to do a total rebuild.

I think it’s been noted that Stroman has been discussed as a mid season option, as DS is already poking around at teams that may be out of it, like the blue jays and mariners.

"There's more people to ignore in New York or in Boston than there are in Milwaukee, but I would still ignore them, probably."

-Zack Greinke

OK - so even though there probably isn't much truth to this Stroman rumor - let's play along anyway.

Why don't we trade Hiura, Woodruff, Peralta and Carmona to Toronto for Stroman. Then go out and sign Arrieta, and just go all-in on this thing!

Then, turn around and trade Santana to Arizona for Pavin Smith and Jon Duplantier to replenish some of the farm system.

Yay or nay?

OK - so even though there probably isn't much truth to this Stroman rumor - let's play along anyway.

Why don't we trade Hiura, Woodruff, Peralta and Carmona to Toronto for Stroman. Then go out and sign Arrieta, and just go all-in on this thing!

Then, turn around and trade Santana to Arizona for Pavin Smith and Jon Duplantier to replenish some of the farm system.

Yay or nay?

I mean, how much fun could a Stroman, Arrieta, Anderson, Davies, Chacin rotation be? Then, you'd have plenty of time to bring Jimmy back slowly - and if he's completely healthy come June/July, then he slips into the rotation wherever there is a need (either performance based or due to an injury to one of the five), and you may not even need to go out and get much pitching help at the deadline?

OK, I'm going to stop dreaming now.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Everyone keeps saying we need a TOR pitcher

This is an underrated post.

Agreed. We need a thumbs up thingy on here.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

FYI, regarding HH, on Al's Ramblings (assuming he's talking to the real HH), he's saying he's still not on Twitter as well:

FYI, none of the Twitter accounts that have High Heat's handle on them are him. Even the ones I follow. He chose to contact me to get the word out.
http://albethke.blogspot.com/

I can only be heard on Al's Rambling's now.

The HH19 Twitter's out there are all fakes.

FYI, regarding HH, on Al's Ramblings (assuming he's talking to the real HH), he's saying he's still not on Twitter as well:

FYI, none of the Twitter accounts that have High Heat's handle on them are him. Even the ones I follow. He chose to contact me to get the word out.

Just curious as to why that blog?

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

So is that blog just some random right-wing guy posting things from twitter about Trump? Where's the baseball info?

Man, that's a cauldron of takes over there.

Well, they say imitation is the finest form of flattery. So I guess you should be flattered?

I know the offseason is boring, particularly this year, but seriously, are there really fans out there who are ... um ... this? Although I do have to say that @High_Heat_19 is pretty spot on as far as impersonations go. The dead giveaway that it isn't you, though, is everything speculated on there is piggybacking off other insider posts.

HH19 - I suppose you wouldn't take a few minutes while you are here to give us all an update on where things stand with the FA pitchers and any recent trade discussions?

Sorry, but there were a few people on here who ruined that opportunity.

I respect that you stand your ground, I do. It does seem like the positive far outweighed the negative in terms of support for you though.

Speaking of "old," does anyone else love the fact that the home page here still has a story on a Shea Vucinich in the lead spot! I realize that this site is just used as a fan forum now, but I remember the days when they actually used to write stories on prospects here - and the home page always gives me that reminder. And I'm pretty sure that Shea Vucinich has to love that his name will live on for years here on the BF.net home page!

Archived