Brewer Fanatic

Marcus Stroman

mlloyd10

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
yeah ... cost is going to be huge. We're talking Santana plus probably Hiura and two arms.

Maybe Hiura is better suited for the AL (DH) anyways so it could be a good use of resources if he were to be included. Trying to spin the positive.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

We would have to empty the farm system to get him but man would he fit a need. Stroman, Anderson, Nelson (when healthy), Davies, Chacin is a rotation that can win a lot of games. I just have no idea the cost. What would we be looking at here? Santana, Hiura, Burnes, and another arm? more?

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
27 years old, under control through 2020.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

I thought HH19 said that he wasn't on Twitter? Are we sure this isn't one of the fake twitter accounts?

Interesting that he's been in AZ the past few days - right before P's and C's report.

It's definitely him. Personality is the same, like when he threatened to quit Twitter when someone questioned him. Info still seems to be generally solid.

Correct me if I'm wrong - but we'd only have him for three years before F/A, right? As opposed to 4 years with Archer. So, is it conceivable to think that he'd cost less than Archer in a package? Looking at his numbers last year, it looks like his numbers may have been a tad bit better than how he actually pitched as well. Not a great K rate and a high WHIP last year, but still managed a low 3 ERA.

Any chance that a Santana, Burnes, Peralta package gets it done? They'd have a middle of the order bat in Santana that could DH/Of for the next 4 years, and then two really good looking pitching prospects. Maybe we could throw in one lottery ticket prospect as well?

I thought HH19 said that he wasn't on Twitter? Are we sure this isn't one of the fake twitter accounts?

Interesting that he's been in AZ the past few days - right before P's and C's report.

It's definitely him. Personality is the same, like when he threatened to quit Twitter when someone questioned him. Info still seems to be generally solid.

What's his twitter handle?

Wasn't he adamant just a week ago that he wasn't on social media?

I don't think it would be that hard to impersonate him. He was pretty adamant that he had no social media presence...would be weird to say that on here and then have the exact same username on Twitter.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

If it were to happen I would be supportive and would enjoy watching him throw but this is the type of trade I am not in favor of. We are still in the rebuild. Trading for Yelich was a good move in theory because you are replacing the hopeful long term solution at a position (Brinson) with an actual long term solution at the same position (Yelich) while not yielding too much of other hopeful long term solutions, if that makes sense at all.

Trading Santana is fine because our outfield is set and replacing one hopeful LTS (say Burnes) with the real thing (Stroman) is fine but this would cost us a couple of other big pieces that we are not immediately replacing. Losing 2 top 5 guys (along with Santana) in our system is too steep I think given our current position.

I don't think it would be that hard to impersonate him. He was pretty adamant that he had no social media presence...would be weird to say that on here and then have the exact same username on Twitter.

Yeah, I'm doubting that whoever this is on twitter is really the HH19 guy that was on here posting as recent as a week ago. Also, he appears to be giving some of his info to the Al's Ramblings blog that somebody mentioned yesterday on one of these threads. I just checked that blog and I don't see anything concerning Stroman (fwiw).

What's his twitter handle?

Wasn't he adamant just a week ago that he wasn't on social media?

He was also adamant that he would not come back again when he posted his "strike 3" rant, but he came back for one post to gloat about his guess that Darvish would sign with the Cubs.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

I know Bleacher Report isnt always the best but this used analytics to rank the best pitchers in baseball last year

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2735370-mlb-position-power-rankings-brs-final-top-80-starting-pitchers-of-2017

Stroman was 13 and Archer was 15. Darvish was 16. Cobb was 32. Arrieta 35. Lynn 41.

Just for kicks here were our guys who are all locked up for a couple years or more.

Nelson - 18

Anderson - 24

Davies - 30

Chacin 56

Sure Nelson is hurt but it makes sense why the front office is looking at guys like Stroman and Archer. They would fit this team so well and in theory you could rebuild the farm the next couple years because the rotation is solid

Given his age, contract, and proven production I'm ok giving up Burnes for this guy. Figure this deal would start with Santana, Burnes, and then a couple other dudes (peralta?)

Archived